atom feed41 messages in net.java.dev.hudson.devRe: Migration from java.net
FromSent OnAttachments
Kohsuke KawaguchiOct 2, 2009 2:03 pm
Stephen ConnollyOct 2, 2009 2:22 pm
Andrew BayerOct 2, 2009 2:33 pm
Kohsuke KawaguchiOct 2, 2009 2:41 pm
Dean YuOct 2, 2009 2:50 pm
Kohsuke KawaguchiOct 2, 2009 3:02 pm
Alan HarderOct 2, 2009 3:09 pm
Stephen ConnollyOct 2, 2009 3:16 pm
Frederic JeanOct 2, 2009 3:26 pm
Kohsuke KawaguchiOct 2, 2009 3:36 pm
Kohsuke KawaguchiOct 2, 2009 3:45 pm
Andrew BayerOct 2, 2009 3:57 pm
R. Tyler BallanceOct 2, 2009 3:59 pm
Jason ChaffeeOct 2, 2009 4:18 pm
Kohsuke KawaguchiOct 2, 2009 4:30 pm
Jorg HeymansOct 3, 2009 5:25 am
JotiOct 3, 2009 6:40 am
JotiOct 3, 2009 6:41 am
Jorg HeymansOct 4, 2009 12:58 pm
Benson MarguliesOct 4, 2009 3:25 pm
Stephen ConnollyOct 4, 2009 11:48 pm
Olivier LamyOct 5, 2009 12:17 am
Jorg HeymansOct 5, 2009 12:31 am
Jorg HeymansOct 5, 2009 12:37 am
Benson MarguliesOct 5, 2009 3:53 am
Stephen ConnollyOct 5, 2009 7:43 am
Michael DonohueOct 5, 2009 8:05 am
Edelson, JustinOct 5, 2009 8:40 am
Jason van ZylOct 5, 2009 8:44 am
Kohsuke KawaguchiOct 5, 2009 9:48 am
Kohsuke KawaguchiOct 5, 2009 9:54 am
Andrew BayerOct 5, 2009 1:06 pm
Benson MarguliesOct 5, 2009 1:53 pm
Stephen ConnollyOct 5, 2009 2:46 pm
Jorg HeymansOct 6, 2009 10:26 am
Andrew BayerOct 6, 2009 10:36 am
Julien RenautOct 6, 2009 10:50 am
Jorg HeymansOct 6, 2009 1:26 pm
Jorg HeymansOct 6, 2009 1:30 pm
Edelson, JustinOct 6, 2009 1:34 pm
Kohsuke KawaguchiOct 6, 2009 2:55 pm
Subject:Re: Migration from java.net
From:Kohsuke Kawaguchi (Kohs@Sun.COM)
Date:Oct 6, 2009 2:55:31 pm
List:net.java.dev.hudson.dev

Jorg Heymans wrote:

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 7:36 PM, Andrew Bayer <andr@gmail.com> wrote:

One very real potential obstacle to moving to Apache or any other host/group which requires that projects follow certain conventions is that this is a Sun project as well as an open source project. Kohsuke created Hudson on Sun's dime, and Sun now has a commercial version of it - I don't honestly know whether we could get the governance/procedures/etc all in line with what, say, Apache would require while still conforming to what Sun requires.

If it were an obstacle then I guess Sun would have to voice those loud and clear, which i doubt they will. Until then we should keep all options open. Take Springsource as an example, they are selling tc Server now. For this they had to align their commercial interest to one of the oldest and most established ASF products out there. It seems to be working quite well from what i see.

Also, what do you mean with 'conforming to what Sun requires' ?

I've already posted this in another part of this thread, but incubating a project in Apache (or any other move to Apache for that matter) would require the copyright to be donated to ASF.

That requires a whole different discussion among entirely different set of people. I don't think we want to go there.