atom feed5 messages in org.freedesktop.lists.avahi[avahi] `avahi_simple_poll_iterate ()...
FromSent OnAttachments
Ludovic CourtèsMar 9, 2006 8:57 am
Sebastien EstienneMar 9, 2006 11:00 am
Ludovic CourtèsMar 10, 2006 12:47 am
Sebastien EstienneMar 10, 2006 3:27 am
Ludovic CourtèsMar 10, 2006 8:43 am
Subject:[avahi] `avahi_simple_poll_iterate ()' with TIMEOUT > 0
From:Sebastien Estienne (seba@gmail.com)
Date:Mar 10, 2006 3:27:27 am
List:org.freedesktop.lists.avahi

On 3/10/06, Ludovic Court?s <ludo@laas.fr> wrote:

Hi,

"Sebastien Estienne" <seba@gmail.com> writes:

from the api docs: "If sleep_time > 0 the function will block for at most the specified time in msecs." so the attached callback have at most TIMEOUT msec to execute, it will not always block till timeout.

Sure, but it actually never does anything, even with TIMEOUT == INT_MAX. Additionally, given the relative complexity of the code, I think the intent was not to just mimic:

have you had a look at avahi-core/timeeventq-test.c ? most of the time we use it with "-1"

if (timeout > 0) return 0;

Thanks, Ludovic.