atom feed4 messages in com.googlegroups.memcachedRe: New to Memcached - getting ERROR ...
FromSent OnAttachments
OhadHApr 12, 2011 8:19 am
Boris PartenskyApr 12, 2011 8:36 am
Trond NorbyeApr 12, 2011 8:51 am
DustinApr 12, 2011 10:04 am
Subject:Re: New to Memcached - getting ERROR when trying to use nc
From:Boris Partensky (bori@gmail.com)
Date:Apr 12, 2011 8:36:52 am
List:com.googlegroups.memcached

Maybe the server is too old and does not understand "settings" arg?

what does

echo "stats" | nc localhost 11211 | grep version

say?

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 11:19 AM, OhadH <ohad@gmail.com> wrote:

I have installed memcached on Ubuntu machine using :

 sudo apt-get install memcached

I ran it using:

memcached -v -u root &

Using nestat I made sure it is listening on 11211 (localhost)

I have tried to do:

echo "stats settings" | nc localhost 11211

End I got:

ERROR

Can anyone help? I am trying to benchmark  memcached with YCSB but I need to make sure it is running ok first. According to the default configurations the log file exists in /var/log/memcached.log but it is an empty file.

please help!