atom feed10 messages in org.codehaus.grails.devGrails and environment-independant WARs
FromSent OnAttachments
Xavier de LabouretAug 16, 2007 10:33 am
Guillaume LaforgeAug 16, 2007 1:21 pm
Xavier de LabouretAug 17, 2007 2:58 am
Jesse O'Neill-OineAug 21, 2007 9:06 am
Graeme RocherAug 21, 2007 9:16 am
Graeme RocherAug 21, 2007 9:18 am
Jesse O'Neill-OineAug 21, 2007 9:38 am
Marc PalmerAug 21, 2007 2:10 pm
Darren DavisonAug 22, 2007 4:17 am
Marc PalmerAug 22, 2007 4:40 am
Subject:Grails and environment-independant WARs
From:Xavier de Labouret (xdel@cvf.fr)
Date:Aug 16, 2007 10:33:32 am
List:org.codehaus.grails.dev

Hello Grails devs,

We intend to use Grails in our company, however we face one technical difficulty with it. We have production streams dev->test->prod that require that we use the same WAR from dev to prod. Only external properties files and the database are allowed to change from one environment to the other.

Our difficulty comes from the fact that the target environment (dev, test, prod, ...) is specified by Grails inside the WAR file, in the application.properties, using the grails.env parameter. That prevents from using a "test" war in the "production" environment for example.

Is there a way, to ignore this grails.env parameter (or to bypass the embedded application.properties file) and specify it elsewhere, so that we could still use the same WAR in all our environments? Any idea is welcome :)

Best thanks