atom feed2 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-usersRe: [courier-users] detecting and pre...
FromSent OnAttachments
Ricardo KleemannMay 27, 2005 1:52 pm
Sam VarshavchikMay 27, 2005 2:24 pm
Subject:Re: [courier-users] detecting and preventing mail floods
From:Sam Varshavchik (mrs@courier-mta.com)
Date:May 27, 2005 2:24:07 pm
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users

Ricardo Kleemann writes:

Hi,

I've noticed my server bogged down quite frequently lately... and in looking at my maillog I have noticed that the server is being flooded once in a while, where many new messages are coming in from the same host.

How can I control this? Is there some setting, similar to MAXRCPT, that controls how many connections I can accept from a particular host?

There's MAXPERIP which controls the maximum number of connections from the same IP address. It defaults to 4 connections.