atom feed6 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users[courier-users] problem getting mailm...
FromSent OnAttachments
Russell PremontAug 25, 2004 7:21 am
Russell PremontAug 25, 2004 7:24 am
Gordon MessmerAug 25, 2004 12:16 pm
Gordon MessmerAug 25, 2004 1:16 pm
Russell PremontAug 25, 2004 1:25 pm
Sam VarshavchikAug 25, 2004 4:12 pm
Subject:[courier-users] problem getting mailman working with courier + LDAP
From:Russell Premont (rpre@intellistar.net)
Date:Aug 25, 2004 7:24:05 am
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users

I am hoping someone can provide some insight as to what the issue might be and how to correct it. I tried the mailman group but had no luck.

My original post to mailman group.

I have a Solaris 9 sparc box running Courier for pop3 using mail directories and LDAP being used as the authentication method. I have installed Python 2.3.4 and MailMan 2.1.5. I have modified the install for MailMan from usr/local to /home but other than that everything else is the default installation.

The issue I am having is that all mail that gets sent to any of the mail list addresses gets deferred. If I go to the web interface and subscribe there it works fine. I get the request sent to me but I cannot respond via email or it gets deferred, but I can login via the web interface and approve the subscribe request. If I then try to send an email to the list it also gets deferred. What have I missed or done wrong?

My second post to mailman group.

This is all that is showing in my log: Aug 12 15:31:00 mail courierd: [ID 702911 mail.info] started,id=0001E1B9.411BC573.000013B3,from=<rpre@mydomain.com>,module=lo cal,host=iscl@mydomain.com!!852!1000!|/home/mailman/mail/mailman/mailma n post isclients!!,addr=<iscl@mydomain.com> Aug 12 15:31:00 mail courierlocal: [ID 702911 mail.info] id=0001E1B9.411BC573.000013B3,from=<rpre@mydomain.com>,addr=<isclients@m ydomain.com>,status: deferred

Their response.

This looks to be a problem that you will have to discuss on a mailing list that is oriented towards Courier, and/or your OS. This does not look like it is a Mailman problem, and I don't think we're likely to be able to help you.