atom feed14 messages in org.freebsd.freebsd-stableRe: BIND 9.4.3-P1: internal_send: 199...
FromSent OnAttachments
Lev SerebryakovJan 24, 2009 2:37 am
Lev SerebryakovJan 24, 2009 3:29 am
Daniel O'ConnorJan 24, 2009 4:10 am
Lev SerebryakovJan 24, 2009 5:24 am
Doug BartonJan 24, 2009 3:10 pm
Mark AndrewsJan 24, 2009 5:13 pm
Doug BartonJan 24, 2009 5:19 pm
Mark AndrewsJan 24, 2009 5:42 pm
Doug BartonJan 24, 2009 5:46 pm
Daniel O'ConnorJan 24, 2009 9:06 pm
Lev SerebryakovJan 25, 2009 1:41 am
Ian SmithJan 25, 2009 7:30 am
Doug BartonJan 25, 2009 9:53 pm
Alexander MotinJan 26, 2009 12:41 pm
Subject:Re: BIND 9.4.3-P1: internal_send: 199.7.83.42#53: Device not configured, where 199.7.83.42 is RANDOM IP address
From:Daniel O'Connor (doco@gsoft.com.au)
Date:Jan 24, 2009 9:06:59 pm
List:org.freebsd.freebsd-stable

On Sunday 25 January 2009 11:43:48 Mark Andrews wrote:

I've never used mpd myself, but you might want to try adding the following line to /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mpd and see if it helps:

# BEFORE: named

mpd should also be fixed as the error code being returned is not approprate. network unreachable is what should be returned.

I'm not sure that is the whole problem - I found that it would return device not configured 'permanently' when I was using it. The link would be up (apparently) but nothing passes. Sometimes restarting it would fix it but other times it just persistently said the same thing.

It seemed like there was some kernel state that was incorrect and even restarting mpd would not fix it.