atom feed4 messages in org.eclipse.cdt-devRe: [cdt-dev] Issue with Import File ...
FromSent OnAttachments
Malu SasiApr 3, 2012 1:22 am
Rohrbach, RandyApr 3, 2012 7:31 am
Malu SasiApr 3, 2012 10:05 pm
Malu SasiMay 7, 2012 12:36 am
Subject:Re: [cdt-dev] Issue with Import File option in Memory View
From:Malu Sasi (malu@nestgroup.net)
Date:May 7, 2012 12:36:29 am
List:org.eclipse.cdt-dev

Hi,

Kindly let me know if there exists a solution to this issue.

I tried with the latest versions of eclipse. Still this issue is existing . Please help ....

Thanks,

Malu

From: cdt-@eclipse.org [mailto:cdt-@eclipse.org] On Behalf Of Malu Sasi Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 10:36 AM To: CDT General developers list. Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Issue with Import File option in Memory View

Hi Randy,

I missed out gdb trace in previous mail. Sorry... , but the reason is that I couldn't find one... !

When I tried to import a memory range of length 256(say 0xbfc0000 - 0xbfc000FF), it is working fine.

As I checked gdb trace: the mi command -data-write-memory --thread 1 -o 3217031917 0 d 1 10 (etc... )

is dispatched to gdb and finally the view is updated.

But for larger range, the behavior is as said in previous mail. Also what I noted is that the command -data-write-memory, is not dispatched to gdb!

The progress monitor shows "Transferring Data" and is waiting infinitely.

I observed the same behavior with srec/plain text formats also.

Please help.

Thanks,

Malu

From: cdt-@eclipse.org [mailto:cdt-@eclipse.org] On Behalf Of Rohrbach, Randy Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 8:02 PM To: CDT General developers list. Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Issue with Import File option in Memory View

Hi,

Malu

I do not see any trace attached to the email. Could you please resend it.

Thx,

Randy

From: cdt-@eclipse.org [mailto:cdt-@eclipse.org] On Behalf Of Malu Sasi Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 4:23 AM To: cdt-@eclipse.org Subject: [cdt-dev] Issue with Import File option in Memory View

Hi All,

I'm working with Eclipse Indigo (3.7.2 version). I have exported the contents of Memory view from an address range say 0xBFC00000 to 0xBFC0FFFF as RAW Binary format.

Later when I tried to restore the contents back to Memory view using Import File option, it didn't work. The progress bar option "Memory Import from File " shows a progress of 53%(or so) and gets hang. The entire IDE goes to Not Responding state if we try any other operation.

As I tried to debug the issue I could note that the code is waiting for Query to get executed. The Query request monitor object is waiting infinitely in isSuspended() method of DisassemblyBackendDsf.java

Please see below the gdb trace:

Please let me know what could be done further for resolving this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Malu

***** Confidentiality Statement/Disclaimer *****

***** Confidentiality Statement/Disclaimer *****