atom feed13 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-usersRe: [courier-users] Re: forged mail m...
FromSent OnAttachments
Stephen ReeseAug 9, 2004 10:19 am
Sam VarshavchikAug 9, 2004 3:49 pm
Stephen ReeseAug 10, 2004 11:47 am
Tim HunterAug 10, 2004 1:01 pm
Luc BrouardAug 10, 2004 2:23 pm
Sam VarshavchikAug 10, 2004 3:28 pm
Norm YatesAug 10, 2004 4:01 pm
Stephen ReeseAug 10, 2004 4:18 pm
Sam VarshavchikAug 10, 2004 4:26 pm
Norm YatesAug 10, 2004 5:16 pm
Chris PetersenAug 10, 2004 6:45 pm
Michael EinemAug 11, 2004 12:28 am
Norm YatesAug 11, 2004 4:36 am
Subject:Re: [courier-users] Re: forged mail message issue
From:Tim Hunter (ti@brokenbits.com)
Date:Aug 10, 2004 1:01:04 pm
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users

Stephen Reese wrote:

how do you that the reverse dns is off, I checked all my zone file and nothing mentions neocipher.net, that why I assumed courier was the issue

(~)# nslookup -sil 66.35.133.90 ... Non-authoritative answer: 90.133.35.66.in-addr.arpa name = www.neocipher.net.

-----Original Message----- From: cour@lists.sourceforge.net [mailto:cour@lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Sam Varshavchik Sent: Monday, August 09, 2004 6:48 PM To: cour@lists.sourceforge.net Subject: [courier-users] Re: forged mail message issue

Stephen Reese writes:

I am getting the following error when attemting to send an email.

The original message was received at Sun, 8 Aug 2004 13:49:55 -0400 (EDT) from www.neocipher.net [66.35.133.90] (may be forged)

----- The following addresses had permanent delivery errors ----- <dang@hahnassociates.com>

This is a notice message from sendmail, not Courier.

I used to host the domain "neocipher.net" but no longer do, why would it look as mail was coming from "neocipher.net" instead of "prcdigital.com"?

Because the reverse DNS for 66.35.133.90 is www.neocipher.net.