atom feed95 messages in org.blender.bf-committersRe: [Bf-committers] Collada importer/...
FromSent OnAttachments
24 earlier messages
Morten MikkelsenJan 7, 2012 6:49 am
Juan LinietskyJan 7, 2012 7:06 am
Morten MikkelsenJan 7, 2012 7:38 am
Juan LinietskyJan 7, 2012 7:49 am
Juan LinietskyJan 7, 2012 7:52 am
Juan LinietskyJan 7, 2012 8:22 am
Morten MikkelsenJan 7, 2012 8:29 am
Domino MaramaJan 7, 2012 9:04 am
Erwin CoumansJan 7, 2012 9:07 am
Juan LinietskyJan 7, 2012 9:10 am
Erwin CoumansJan 7, 2012 9:23 am
Morten MikkelsenJan 7, 2012 9:47 am
skotiJan 7, 2012 10:16 am
Gaia ClaryJan 7, 2012 10:34 am
KnappJan 7, 2012 10:34 am
Erwin CoumansJan 7, 2012 11:15 am
Alexandr KuznetsovJan 7, 2012 11:33 am
Juan LinietskyJan 7, 2012 12:04 pm
Juan LinietskyJan 7, 2012 12:06 pm
Juan LinietskyJan 7, 2012 12:08 pm
Erwin CoumansJan 7, 2012 12:13 pm
Sergey KurdakovJan 7, 2012 12:32 pm
SebastianJan 7, 2012 1:22 pm
Juan LinietskyJan 7, 2012 2:34 pm
Morten MikkelsenJan 7, 2012 3:09 pm
Juan LinietskyJan 7, 2012 3:24 pm
Morten MikkelsenJan 7, 2012 3:36 pm
Campbell BartonJan 7, 2012 6:45 pm
skotiJan 8, 2012 1:57 am
François T.Jan 8, 2012 3:24 pm
Juan LinietskyJan 8, 2012 3:31 pm
angj...@gulftel.comJan 8, 2012 4:34 pm
Juan LinietskyJan 8, 2012 7:16 pm
Campbell BartonJan 8, 2012 8:39 pm
Juan LinietskyJan 8, 2012 9:37 pm
Kalle-Samuli RiihikoskiJan 8, 2012 9:55 pm
Campbell BartonJan 8, 2012 9:57 pm
François T.Jan 9, 2012 12:27 am
Ton RoosendaalJan 9, 2012 2:43 am
SebastianJan 9, 2012 3:09 am
Domino MaramaJan 9, 2012 3:59 am
François T.Jan 9, 2012 5:30 am
Peter AmstutzJan 9, 2012 5:38 am
Domino MaramaJan 9, 2012 5:51 am
Juan LinietskyJan 9, 2012 6:07 am
SebastianJan 9, 2012 7:22 am
Domino MaramaJan 9, 2012 7:53 am
spatialJan 9, 2012 2:52 pm
SebastianJan 9, 2012 3:25 pm
Antony RiakiotakisJan 9, 2012 3:33 pm
21 later messages
Subject:Re: [Bf-committers] Collada importer/exporter kickout
From:Morten Mikkelsen (mikk@gmail.com)
Date:Jan 7, 2012 3:09:02 pm
List:org.blender.bf-committers

I acknowledge that the amount of work you guys have put into OpenCollada is significant and I am definitely pleased with this as an option. That being said I am beginning to warm up to what sergei is suggesting more and I am actually a collada user myself. Correct me if I am wrong but the way it works for autodesk these products by default ship with some crappy collada exporter that someone within the castle of autodesk has authored. Then as an alternative option you guys made OpenCollada plugins available for Maya and 3dsmax from your website correct? So when you think about it is there really any harm in Blender shipping with a "crappy" collada exporter of its own, like autodesk, and then having the option of downloading an OpenCollada blugin for Blender from an off-site location as well (Possibly even your site)? And Juan no offense intended here I am just making a comparison. I am not saying your code is literally crappy!

Cheers,

Morten.