atom feed17 messages in org.freebsd.freebsd-stableRe: Installing packages using ports a...
FromSent OnAttachments
Sorin PancaJan 24, 2009 1:19 pm
Doug BartonJan 24, 2009 3:12 pm
Sorin PancaJan 25, 2009 12:53 am
Claus GuttesenJan 25, 2009 2:06 am
Sorin PancaJan 25, 2009 2:38 am
Sorin PancaJan 25, 2009 3:11 am
Claus GuttesenJan 25, 2009 3:27 am
Sorin PancaJan 25, 2009 3:29 am
Doug BartonJan 25, 2009 10:07 am
Tore LundJan 25, 2009 11:44 am
Peter C. LaiJan 25, 2009 2:57 pm
Doug BartonJan 25, 2009 9:38 pm
Sorin PancaJan 25, 2009 11:35 pm
Sorin PancaJan 25, 2009 11:39 pm
Sorin PâncaJan 26, 2009 8:58 am
Massimo FusaroJan 26, 2009 10:58 am
Sorin PâncaJan 26, 2009 11:55 am
Subject:Re: Installing packages using ports after freebsd-update doesn't work on amd64
From:Claus Guttesen (kome@gmail.com)
Date:Jan 25, 2009 2:06:29 am
List:org.freebsd.freebsd-stable

If you haven't already you have to remove and reinstall _all_ of your ports after doing a major version upgrade (6.x -> 7.x).

Prior to starting the upgrade I did a pkg_delete -a. I wanted a clean system (just like a reinstallation). How do I ensure that all packages were removed by pkg_delete -a ? Running pkg_delete -a returns "pkg_delete: no packages installed"

pkg_info

-- regards Claus

When lenity and cruelty play for a kingdom, the gentler gamester is the soonest winner.

Shakespeare