atom feed5 messages in Skills, Resources and Mentors
FromSent OnAttachments
Rob WeirSep 30, 2013 8:58 am
Kay SchenkSep 30, 2013 2:43 pm
Alexandro ColoradoOct 1, 2013 3:13 am
Faisal IqbalOct 1, 2013 3:50 am
Rob WeirOct 2, 2013 5:02 am
Subject:Re: Skills, Resources and Mentors
From:Alexandro Colorado (
Date:Oct 1, 2013 3:13:10 am

Verify you are registered to the wiki.

On Tue Oct  1 00:53:51 2013 Sonik Satapathy <> wrote:

I wanted to include my name in certain areas of my interest,but couldn't edit the table.Can somebody tell me how to do it ?

Thanks, Sonik

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 3:13 AM, Kay Schenk <> wrote:

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 8:58 AM, Rob Weir <> wrote:

This projects depends on volunteer efforts.  We have many routine tasks that need to be performed during a release cycle and even during ordinarily operation of our website and other public-facing services.

In many cases a given task is well-understood and many members of the project understand how to do it.  For example, moderating the mailing lists.  In other areas we might only have a single person who really understands how to do a task.    We also have many volunteers, signing up on the mailing list and asking how to help, on nearly a daily basis.

There should be a way that we can more clearly identify what the routine tasks are, who knows how to do them, who wants to learn how to do them, and who is willing to mentor or teach others how to get started.

So I've started the following wiki page to track some of the most common tasks in the project:,+Resources+and+Mentors

Feel free to insert additional tasks, or to add your name as an expert, mentor or someone who wants to learn.

(Of course there are many other routine tasks performed by Apache Infra and not listed here.  I'm focused on the tasks that are owned by the AOO project)

This might also help is identify areas where we are currently dependent on a single person and want to train a backup, to cover for holidays, etc.

I think this is lovely idea but I'm a bit confused over what you mean by "Learning Resources" -- are you thinking people, or web resources or ???

"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities. Truth isn't." -- "Following the Equator", Mark Twain