atom feed112 messages in org.freebsd.freebsd-stableRe: Big problems with 7.1 locking up :-(
FromSent OnAttachments
Pete FrenchJan 8, 2009 5:58 pm
Guy HelmerJan 9, 2009 6:49 am
Mike TancsaJan 9, 2009 7:05 am
Pete FrenchJan 9, 2009 7:15 am
Guy HelmerJan 9, 2009 7:27 am
Robert BlayzorJan 9, 2009 11:39 am
Pete FrenchJan 9, 2009 1:43 pm
Garance A DrosihnJan 9, 2009 6:12 pm
Garance A DrosihnJan 9, 2009 6:21 pm
Pete FrenchJan 10, 2009 7:49 am
heli...@gmail.comJan 10, 2009 6:07 pm
Pete FrenchJan 11, 2009 4:45 am
Pete FrenchJan 11, 2009 8:27 am
Pete FrenchJan 11, 2009 9:16 am
Dylan CochranJan 11, 2009 11:01 am
Pete FrenchJan 11, 2009 11:10 am
Garrett CooperJan 11, 2009 11:22 am
Gavin AtkinsonJan 12, 2009 2:38 am
Claus GuttesenJan 12, 2009 3:28 am
Claus GuttesenJan 12, 2009 3:37 am
Pete FrenchJan 12, 2009 5:30 am
Claus GuttesenJan 12, 2009 6:11 am
Pete FrenchJan 12, 2009 6:35 am
Robert WatsonJan 12, 2009 6:55 am
Robert WatsonJan 12, 2009 7:00 am
Pete FrenchJan 12, 2009 7:16 am
Garance A DrosihnJan 12, 2009 10:55 am
Pete FrenchJan 12, 2009 11:00 am
Pete FrenchJan 12, 2009 11:01 am
Tomas RandaJan 12, 2009 12:35 pm
Claus GuttesenJan 12, 2009 1:31 pm
Robert WatsonJan 12, 2009 4:04 pm
Robert WatsonJan 12, 2009 4:09 pm
Robert WatsonJan 12, 2009 4:13 pm
Doug BartonJan 13, 2009 1:11 am
77 later messages
Subject:Re: Big problems with 7.1 locking up :-(
From:Pete French (pete@ticketswitch.com)
Date:Jan 10, 2009 7:49:39 am
List:org.freebsd.freebsd-stable

FWIW, the other guy I know who is having this problem had already switched to using ULE under 7.0-release, and did not have any problems with it. So *his* problem was probably not related to SCHED_ULE, unless something has recently changed there.

Well, one of my machines just locked up again, even with SCHED_4BSD on it, so I am now thinking it is unrelated.

The machine has completely locked - no response to pings, no response to keypresses, nor to the power button. There is nothing printed on the console - it is just sitting there with a login prompt :-(

This is really not good - these are extremely common servers after all, and I am just running bog standard 7.1 with apache and mysql. This is happening across several different servers, all of which are slight variants on the DL360, so I dont think it is something perculiar to me.

-pete.