atom feed11 messages in com.googlegroups.beagleboardRe: With 128MB on board RAM Is it fas...
FromSent OnAttachments
CharlieJul 28, 2008 9:17 am
Jason KridnerJul 28, 2008 12:33 pm
Måns RullgårdJul 28, 2008 12:48 pm
James TriggJul 28, 2008 3:12 pm
Laurent DesnoguesJul 28, 2008 11:17 pm
Tom CookseyJul 28, 2008 11:56 pm
Måns RullgårdJul 29, 2008 1:43 am
CharlieJul 29, 2008 8:47 am
Måns RullgårdJul 29, 2008 8:58 am
James TriggJul 29, 2008 10:33 am
Måns RullgårdJul 29, 2008 11:27 am
Subject:Re: With 128MB on board RAM Is it fast enough to play HD720?
From:Charlie (char@gmail.com)
Date:Jul 29, 2008 8:47:54 am
List:com.googlegroups.beagleboard

TI did not declared that OMAP3530 can support HD 1080p at 30fps.

The benchmark of ARM Coretx-A8 of OMAP3530 is 1200 Dhrystone MIPS. Nvidia's Tecra 650, that can play HD 1080p, is based on the ARM11 MPCore multicore processor technology for one and four cores delivering up to an aggregate of 2600 Dhrystone MIPS of performance.

OMAP3 may need two ARM cores to support HD 1080p.

But if OMAP3530 can play HD 720p @30fps it is good enough.