atom feed57 messages in org.freebsd.freebsd-stableRe: FreeBSD 7.1 Breaks re and rl Netw...
FromSent OnAttachments
Walter VenableJan 7, 2009 6:39 am
Gavin AtkinsonJan 7, 2009 8:47 am
Walter VenableJan 7, 2009 10:12 am
Walter VenableJan 7, 2009 10:45 am
Walter VenableJan 7, 2009 3:50 pm
Pyun YongHyeonJan 7, 2009 5:50 pm
Pyun YongHyeonJan 7, 2009 5:54 pm
Walter VenableJan 7, 2009 6:20 pm.dmesg
Pyun YongHyeonJan 7, 2009 6:35 pm
Eugene GladchenkoJan 11, 2009 8:22 am
Pyun YongHyeonJan 11, 2009 5:11 pm
eug...@donpac.ruJan 11, 2009 10:32 pm
Pyun YongHyeonJan 11, 2009 10:41 pm
Dimitry AndricJan 12, 2009 8:37 am
Sascha HolzleiterJan 12, 2009 9:20 am
Walter VenableJan 12, 2009 1:33 pm
FreeBSDJan 12, 2009 2:11 pm
Pyun YongHyeonJan 12, 2009 4:40 pm
Jung-uk KimJan 12, 2009 5:10 pm
Pyun YongHyeonJan 12, 2009 9:02 pm.diff
Oliver PeterJan 13, 2009 12:59 am
Pyun YongHyeonJan 13, 2009 1:52 am
Sascha HolzleiterJan 13, 2009 6:52 am
FreeBSDJan 13, 2009 7:15 am
Dimitry AndricJan 13, 2009 7:27 am
Jung-uk KimJan 13, 2009 3:05 pm
Pyun YongHyeonJan 13, 2009 4:32 pm
FreeBSDJan 13, 2009 8:06 pm
Bartosz StecJan 14, 2009 6:18 am
28 later messages
Subject:Re: FreeBSD 7.1 Breaks re and rl Network Interface Drivers
From:Walter Venable (wa@relnor.com)
Date:Jan 7, 2009 10:45:22 am
List:org.freebsd.freebsd-stable

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 1:34 PM, Brian Duke <bri@box201.com> wrote:

Walter, I too have these two interfaces and was forced to disconnect my rl0 in order for my static ip on re0 to route correctly. If both interfaces are up on the same network even if both are different IPs all routing stopped. I was planning on doing a little load balancing project. I didn't due to lack of time.

#ifconfig rl0 down

left my interface up and active. The interface would not change its IP through sysinstalls' enable networking interfaces. I could do this:

#ifconfig rl0 inet 192.168.1.150

But my routing was messed up at that point and was confirmed via:

#netstat -r

The return information looked like it was stuck or lost and the command never finished. I had to disconnect one or the other but both simply showed no routes. I disconnected rl0 because it was a 10/100m interface and left my re0 gig interface connected rebooted and the routes and networking is again stable. In the interest of full disclosure rl0 is on the motherboard re0 is a pci card.

Brian, was this happening to you on 7.0 also or just 7.1?