atom feed77 messages in org.oasis-open.lists.regrepRe: [regrep] Impact of ICG Adoption o...
FromSent OnAttachments
16 earlier messages
Chiusano JosephSep 17, 2004 2:05 pm
Farrukh NajmiSep 17, 2004 2:11 pm
Carl MattocksSep 17, 2004 3:05 pm
Duane NickullSep 20, 2004 8:48 am
Duane NickullSep 20, 2004 8:49 am
Duane NickullSep 20, 2004 8:54 am
Farrukh NajmiSep 20, 2004 8:56 am
Farrukh NajmiSep 20, 2004 8:59 am
Breininger, Kathryn RSep 20, 2004 9:02 am
Duane NickullSep 20, 2004 9:49 am
Chiusano JosephSep 20, 2004 10:14 am
David RR WebberSep 20, 2004 11:13 am
David RR WebberSep 20, 2004 11:19 am
David RR WebberSep 20, 2004 11:20 am
Duane NickullSep 20, 2004 11:37 am
Duane NickullSep 20, 2004 11:39 am
Duane NickullSep 20, 2004 11:43 am
David RR WebberSep 20, 2004 11:43 am
David RR WebberSep 20, 2004 11:50 am
David RR WebberSep 20, 2004 11:59 am
Duane NickullSep 20, 2004 12:03 pm
Duane NickullSep 20, 2004 12:06 pm
David RR WebberSep 20, 2004 12:17 pm
David RR WebberSep 20, 2004 12:26 pm
Duane NickullSep 20, 2004 12:27 pm
David RR WebberSep 20, 2004 12:34 pm
Matthew MacKenzieSep 20, 2004 12:37 pm
Duane NickullSep 20, 2004 12:58 pm
Duane NickullSep 20, 2004 1:02 pm
Farrukh NajmiSep 20, 2004 1:07 pm
Matthew MacKenzieSep 20, 2004 1:12 pm
Chiusano JosephSep 20, 2004 1:43 pm
Matthew MacKenzieSep 20, 2004 1:46 pm
Duane NickullSep 20, 2004 1:47 pm
Matthew MacKenzieSep 20, 2004 1:53 pm
Duane NickullSep 20, 2004 3:19 pm
Chiusano JosephSep 20, 2004 5:20 pm
Duane NickullSep 20, 2004 5:49 pm
David RR WebberSep 20, 2004 6:31 pm
David RR WebberSep 20, 2004 6:33 pm
David RR WebberSep 20, 2004 6:35 pm
Duane NickullSep 20, 2004 7:34 pm
Matthew MacKenzieSep 20, 2004 7:42 pm
Matthew MacKenzieSep 20, 2004 7:45 pm
Duane NickullSep 20, 2004 8:52 pm
Duane NickullSep 20, 2004 9:43 pm
David RR WebberSep 21, 2004 5:37 am
David RR WebberSep 21, 2004 5:38 am
David RR WebberSep 21, 2004 6:40 am
Farrukh NajmiSep 21, 2004 7:27 am
11 later messages
Subject:Re: [regrep] Impact of ICG Adoption on CCRIM SC (Was:[regrep]UN/CEFACT-ICG adopts freebXML Registry)
From:Duane Nickull (dnic@adobe.com)
Date:Sep 20, 2004 12:27:21 pm
List:org.oasis-open.lists.regrep

Kathryn:

I have cc'd some of the UN/CEFACT folks. I will present this document during our next telecon so we can kick off the process. I would like to have the one review before we publich this. In the meantime, I will retitle the document "Recommendations to UN/CEFACT for the storage of Core Components and BIE's in an ebXML Registry-Repository".

They will then be able to absorb whatever parts of it into their work they need to.

Duane

Breininger, Kathryn R wrote:

We can approve it as a committee approved document. Basic steps are:

1. Present the document at one of our telecons (just an overview/intro) 2. TC reviews for 2 weeks, sends comments 3. Comments are resolved 4. At the next telecon, TC agrees to vote on the document as a best practices paper 5. Two week ballot is set up by TC Chair for TC voting 6. If TC approves, the document becomes a TC approved document, and is posted for public view.

Let me know when you feel it is ready to present and I will add it to the agenda.

Thanks, Kathryn.

-----Original Message----- From: Duane Nickull [mailto:dnic@adobe.com] Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 8:49 AM Cc: reg@lists.oasis-open.org Subject: Re: [regrep] Impact of ICG Adoption on CCRIM SC (Was: [regrep]UN/CEFACT-ICG adopts freebXML Registry)

I actually also suggested this to Mark Crawford and others when I was in

DC. I think it makes sense.

Before we do this, I would like to wrap the work up slightly. The easiest way to do this is to change the title to something like "Recommendations to UN/CEFACT for storage of Core Components in an ebXML

Registry/Repository" and then approve it as a best practices document within the TC.

I am not sure what process we, as a TC, need to go through to approve this as a non normative document.

Kathryn?

One important thing I did not mention is that UN/CEFACT is now doing two things as part of their ICG Architecture:

1. Define a normative expression syntax in XML for Core Components

2. Define a normative mapping from CCTS Information Model to ebXML Registry Information Model

These were 2 important specification that SHOULD have been done by CCTS but since they were not we chartered CCRIM SC to do these. Now that UN/CEFACT teams are committed to doing this work I propose that the CCTS team donate their current work-in-progress as input (along with any recommendations) to the UN/CEFACT ICG and CCTS teams and recharter to become the liaison and consultant to those teams as they define and finalize these two tasks.

Duane and others colleagues. What do you think of this idea?