atom feed1 message in org.apache.apache-bugdbos-windows/4208: Apache won't start!
FromSent OnAttachments
Tom YoungApr 7, 1999 1:54 pm
Subject:os-windows/4208: Apache won't start!
From:Tom Young (TYou@yahoo.com)
Date:Apr 7, 1999 1:54:16 pm
List:org.apache.apache-bugdb

Number: 4208 Category: os-windows Synopsis: Apache won't start! Confidential: no Severity: critical Priority: medium Responsible: apache State: open Class: sw-bug Submitter-Id: apache Arrival-Date: Wed Apr 7 15:10:01 PDT 1999 Last-Modified: Originator: TYou@yahoo.com Organization: apache Release: 1.3.6 and 1.3.4 Environment: Windows 95 and Windows 98. Description:

Apache worked for about 9 or 10 times (starting, stopping and restarting). After a problem with a virtualhost setting (I didn't have the DocumentRoot
Directory created), it wouldn't start. Everytime I try to start apache now.. It comes back
with

[Wed Apr 07 16:25:19 1999] [warn] pid file c:/apache/logs/httpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?

Then exits. (Of course, the date and time are different each time I run it)

In the older versions... it would say this but just keep running. If fact 1.3.4 would keep running and now it won't.

How-To-Repeat:

Try making a VirtualHost with its DocumentRoot not in existance. For example..

<VirtualHost test.apache.org> DocumentRoot /home/test/html </VirtualHost> Where /home/test/html (c:\) does NOT exist. Try starting Apache a few times and
maybe you will encounter the same error.

Fix: I have no idea. Audit-Trail: Unformatted:

[In order for any reply to be added to the PR database, ] [you need to include <apb@Apache.Org> in the Cc line ] [and leave the subject line UNCHANGED. This is not done] [automatically because of the potential for mail loops. ] [If you do not include this Cc, your reply may be ig- ] [nored unless you are responding to an explicit request ] [from a developer. ] [Reply only with text; DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS! ]