atom feed15 messages in org.mozilla.lists.dev-apps-bugzillaRe: Important news regarding future Y...
FromSent OnAttachments
David LawrenceAug 29, 2014 12:05 pm
DamienAug 29, 2014 5:47 pm
Guy PyrzakAug 29, 2014 10:04 pm
Byron JonesSep 1, 2014 12:05 am
Emmanuel SeymanSep 1, 2014 12:21 am
Byron JonesSep 1, 2014 1:21 am
Gervase MarkhamSep 1, 2014 8:14 am
Byron JonesSep 1, 2014 9:28 am
Guy PyrzakSep 1, 2014 3:48 pm
DamienSep 2, 2014 9:04 am
David MarshallSep 2, 2014 10:28 am
Mark CôtéSep 2, 2014 6:02 pm
Dave MillerSep 2, 2014 9:03 pm
Gervase MarkhamSep 3, 2014 2:09 am
Mark CôtéSep 3, 2014 7:03 am
Subject:Re: Important news regarding future YUI development
From:Damien (dami@gmail.com)
Date:Aug 29, 2014 5:47:59 pm
List:org.mozilla.lists.dev-apps-bugzilla

bootstrap + jquery.

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 12:05 PM, David Lawrence <dk@mozilla.com> wrote:

Unfortunately it seems Yahoo is taking a different direction and all development work on YUI has stopped effective immediately. They state that only target fixes will be made which I assume just means security fixes if that.

http://yahooeng.tumblr.com/post/96098168666/important-announcement-regarding-yui

This obviously has some impact on our future plans to continue using YUI with Bugzilla and our work on migrating to version 3. I suppose we should discuss on what we should do going forward with those plans.

Since we are not too far along yet, we could redirect our efforts to something else that is robust and well maintained such as jQuery or others. Or take a different approach and use several different more focused JS libraries depending on what the needs of the function of Bugzilla.

Thoughts?