atom feed730 messages in org.kde.kde-cafeRe: http://www.linuxandmain.com/comme...
FromSent OnAttachments
636 earlier messages
Martijn KlingensApr 20, 2002 11:30 am
Roberto AlsinaApr 20, 2002 11:34 am
Roberto AlsinaApr 20, 2002 11:35 am
Sagie SokolovApr 20, 2002 11:43 am
Martijn KlingensApr 20, 2002 11:56 am
Dan ArmakApr 20, 2002 12:00 pm
Martijn KlingensApr 20, 2002 12:03 pm
Martijn KlingensApr 20, 2002 12:09 pm
Timothy R. ButlerApr 20, 2002 12:20 pm
Martijn KlingensApr 20, 2002 12:23 pm
Timothy R. ButlerApr 20, 2002 12:27 pm
Martijn KlingensApr 20, 2002 12:37 pm
Timothy R. ButlerApr 20, 2002 12:38 pm
Martijn KlingensApr 20, 2002 12:40 pm
Dan ArmakApr 20, 2002 12:41 pm
Charles SamuelsApr 20, 2002 12:42 pm
Dan ArmakApr 20, 2002 12:43 pm
Sagie SokolovApr 20, 2002 12:45 pm
Dan ArmakApr 20, 2002 1:03 pm
Dan ArmakApr 20, 2002 1:05 pm
Dan ArmakApr 20, 2002 1:10 pm
Dan ArmakApr 20, 2002 1:11 pm
Martijn KlingensApr 20, 2002 1:11 pm
Dan ArmakApr 20, 2002 1:18 pm
Martijn KlingensApr 20, 2002 1:19 pm
Martijn KlingensApr 20, 2002 1:23 pm
Dan ArmakApr 20, 2002 1:27 pm
Maks OrlovichApr 20, 2002 1:27 pm
Maks OrlovichApr 20, 2002 1:33 pm
Dan ArmakApr 20, 2002 1:33 pm
Martijn KlingensApr 20, 2002 1:34 pm
Dan ArmakApr 20, 2002 1:36 pm
Timothy R. ButlerApr 20, 2002 1:37 pm
Dan ArmakApr 20, 2002 1:39 pm
Timothy R. ButlerApr 20, 2002 1:41 pm
Andreas PourApr 20, 2002 1:47 pm
Martijn KlingensApr 20, 2002 1:48 pm
Dan ArmakApr 20, 2002 1:51 pm
Martijn KlingensApr 20, 2002 1:52 pm
Dan ArmakApr 20, 2002 1:56 pm
Timothy R. ButlerApr 20, 2002 1:57 pm
Martijn KlingensApr 20, 2002 2:01 pm
Martijn KlingensApr 20, 2002 2:07 pm
Timothy R. ButlerApr 20, 2002 2:10 pm
Maks OrlovichApr 20, 2002 2:14 pm
Dan ArmakApr 20, 2002 2:22 pm
Dan ArmakApr 20, 2002 2:24 pm
Martijn KlingensApr 20, 2002 2:25 pm
Dan ArmakApr 20, 2002 2:26 pm
44 later messages
Subject:Re: http://www.linuxandmain.com/comment/ed040702.html
From:Martijn Klingens (mart@martijn.homeip.net)
Date:Apr 20, 2002 1:19:05 pm
List:org.kde.kde-cafe

On Saturday 20 April 2002 21:45, Sagie Sokolov wrote:

Huh? What point in time?

1949 when Israel was established as a nation.

what does murder have to do with a claim for land?

Well, the Israelites claim they have been expelled from their land 2000 years ago (a fact I won't deny) and that fact gives them the right to reclaim that land 2000 years later (a fact that I dare to deny). Expelling people from land is a crime just like murder, rape, theft, or whatever. And after 2000 years I don't think you can still claim justice for that crime. Maybe after 100 or 200 years. With some luck 500. But 2000??? That would be folly.

Again: "given their history in the las 2000 years, especially the last century".

Which differs in what respect with the other minorities I mentioned? I seem to remember disabled people and homosexuals were treated just as bad in WW2 as the Jews, so that's not a valid argument. I seem to remember Turks are molested just as bad these days in Western Europe as the Jews used to be until '49, so that's not a valid argument either. I seem to remember people always making fun of minory religions, so that's not a valid argument either.

Then that's our fault. That still doesn't grant you the right to play your own judge. Better bring us to court instead and let justice be done to those who are the real cause and by those who are allowed to.

That's a bit impractical, I think.

Either that or nothing. Working around problems is not something I like when coding and I see no reason why I can't apply the same simple rule to real life. Sure it takes effort, but if it's all about being lazy and taking effort some time then I think mankind just lost its right to exist.

Martijn

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this mailinglist are the personal opinions of the author and do not represent KDE or the author's employer.