atom feed50 messages in org.rubyonrails.railsRe: [ANN] Rails Engines + Login Engine
FromSent OnAttachments
James AdamNov 1, 2005 8:17 am
James AdamNov 1, 2005 9:37 am
James AdamNov 1, 2005 3:56 pm
RobertNov 1, 2005 4:27 pm
Jay LevittNov 1, 2005 7:26 pm
RaminNov 1, 2005 7:29 pm
Scott BeckerNov 1, 2005 7:42 pm
Bill KatzNov 1, 2005 10:44 pm
Tom WardNov 2, 2005 2:11 am
Bruno CelesteNov 2, 2005 3:05 am
James AdamNov 2, 2005 6:00 am
Francois PaulNov 2, 2005 6:14 am
Bruno CelesteNov 2, 2005 6:25 am
Bruno CelesteNov 2, 2005 6:45 am
James AdamNov 2, 2005 6:48 am
Bruno CelesteNov 2, 2005 7:02 am
James AdamNov 2, 2005 7:09 am
Luke RandallNov 2, 2005 9:51 am
PJ HyettNov 2, 2005 11:04 am
Bruno CelesteNov 2, 2005 11:17 am
James AdamNov 2, 2005 11:49 am
James AdamNov 2, 2005 11:52 am
James AdamNov 2, 2005 12:00 pm
Edgardo HamesNov 2, 2005 12:27 pm
PJ HyettNov 2, 2005 12:38 pm
James AdamNov 2, 2005 12:43 pm
James AdamNov 2, 2005 1:17 pm
RaminNov 2, 2005 2:08 pm
RaminNov 2, 2005 2:48 pm
RaminNov 2, 2005 2:58 pm
RaminNov 2, 2005 3:06 pm
James AdamNov 2, 2005 3:35 pm
Lou VanekNov 7, 2005 2:11 pm
Bruno CelesteNov 7, 2005 2:28 pm
Lou VanekNov 7, 2005 3:09 pm
James AdamNov 8, 2005 12:33 am
James AdamNov 8, 2005 12:38 am
Lou VanekNov 8, 2005 2:21 am
James AdamNov 8, 2005 2:23 am
Bruno CelesteNov 8, 2005 2:34 am
James AdamNov 8, 2005 3:14 am
Bruno CelesteNov 8, 2005 3:34 am
Lou VanekNov 8, 2005 3:41 am
James AdamNov 8, 2005 3:45 am
James AdamNov 8, 2005 4:07 am
Lou VanekNov 8, 2005 4:10 am
Lou VanekNov 8, 2005 4:50 am
James AdamNov 8, 2005 5:15 am
James AdamNov 8, 2005 7:42 am
alex blackNov 14, 2005 7:40 pm
Subject:Re: [ANN] Rails Engines + Login Engine
From:Bruno Celeste (brun@public.gmane.org)
Date:Nov 2, 2005 7:02:49 am
List:org.rubyonrails.rails

Ok James, thank you.

I am currently testing your engine and I get an issue starting webrick.. I wrote my own engine, the simpliest in fact, just one controller with an index method

def index render :text => "ok",:layout => false end

My controller's name is Annu and the dir plugin is annu_engine. In my environment.rb, I put: Engines.start 'annu_engine'

The engine is loaded succesfully, in log file, I have:

Starting engine 'annu_engine' from '/home/sadik/ruby/rails/engine/vendor/plugins/annu_engine' adding /home/sadik/ruby/rails/engine/lib to the load path adding /home/sadik/ruby/rails/engine/vendor/plugins/annu_engine to the load path adding /home/sadik/ruby/rails/engine/vendor/plugins/annu_engine/app/helpers to the load path adding /home/sadik/ruby/rails/engine/vendor/plugins/annu_engine/app/models to the load path adding /home/sadik/ruby/rails/engine/vendor/plugins/annu_engine/app/controllers to the load path

But webrick doesn't say anything, I launch it and it exits without spit a piece of word :/ Clearly, the server doesn't start, nothing appear in the log file, so maybe you know what appened.

Thank you

2005/11/2, James Adam:

It's an interesting case - probably what will happen in the future is that controllers/views in engines might be in modules, thus removing the likelihood that anything in your application will override any of the Engine controller methods.

So, if you dropped in a Typo engine, it's actions might appear under a /typo url... maybe...