atom feed3 messages in org.isc.lists.dhcp-usersRe-syncing leases between primary and...
FromSent OnAttachments
Duguay, GerardJan 24, 2012 11:31 am
Peter RathlevJan 24, 2012 1:29 pm
Glenn SatchellJan 24, 2012 5:30 pm
Subject:Re-syncing leases between primary and secondary
From:Duguay, Gerard (ger@spu.edu)
Date:Jan 24, 2012 11:31:16 am
List:org.isc.lists.dhcp-users

We recently upgraded our primary and secondary DHCP servers to v4.2.3, and in
the process overlooked editing the secondary configuration file. This resulted
in having two primary DHCP servers battle one another for several days before
the oversight was found. We corrected the configuration (and our build
documentation) so that we are back in a good primary/secondary pairing, but
notice there are inconsistencies in the active leases between the two servers
(e.g. a single IP address is leased to two different devices depending on which
server you look at.)

Does anyone know of a way to manually trigger a re-synchronization between the
pairing? We have another week before leases expire...

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Gerard Duguay Seattle Pacific University