atom feed2 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users[courier-users] Re: Broken pipe
FromSent OnAttachments
Polarcom WebmasterAug 11, 2004 4:50 am
Sam VarshavchikAug 11, 2004 3:21 pm
Subject:[courier-users] Re: Broken pipe
From:Sam Varshavchik (mrs@courier-mta.com)
Date:Aug 11, 2004 3:21:03 pm
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users

Polarcom Webmaster writes:

Hello.

I'm trying to send message to some host, but courier defers it by reason of BROKEN PIPE. That host has a PostFix installed. User of that host may send messages of any size anywhere. But when I try to check its name by nslookup I see this: "Non-existent host/domain". Admin of that host assumes reason of error lays in packet fragmentaition by cisco device. (I'm not so sure)

Did anyone face this kind of bug?

nslookup doesn't tell you what the MX records are for the domain.

More than like the receiving mail server aborts or rejects the connection for some reason.

Earlier versions of Courier had problems accurately reporting the reason for a failed network connections. The error reporting in the current version is better.