atom feed95 messages in org.blender.bf-committersRe: [Bf-committers] Collada importer/...
FromSent OnAttachments
31 earlier messages
Domino MaramaJan 7, 2012 9:04 am
Erwin CoumansJan 7, 2012 9:07 am
Juan LinietskyJan 7, 2012 9:10 am
Erwin CoumansJan 7, 2012 9:23 am
Morten MikkelsenJan 7, 2012 9:47 am
skotiJan 7, 2012 10:16 am
Gaia ClaryJan 7, 2012 10:34 am
KnappJan 7, 2012 10:34 am
Erwin CoumansJan 7, 2012 11:15 am
Alexandr KuznetsovJan 7, 2012 11:33 am
Juan LinietskyJan 7, 2012 12:04 pm
Juan LinietskyJan 7, 2012 12:06 pm
Juan LinietskyJan 7, 2012 12:08 pm
Erwin CoumansJan 7, 2012 12:13 pm
Sergey KurdakovJan 7, 2012 12:32 pm
SebastianJan 7, 2012 1:22 pm
Juan LinietskyJan 7, 2012 2:34 pm
Morten MikkelsenJan 7, 2012 3:09 pm
Juan LinietskyJan 7, 2012 3:24 pm
Morten MikkelsenJan 7, 2012 3:36 pm
Campbell BartonJan 7, 2012 6:45 pm
skotiJan 8, 2012 1:57 am
François T.Jan 8, 2012 3:24 pm
Juan LinietskyJan 8, 2012 3:31 pm
angj...@gulftel.comJan 8, 2012 4:34 pm
Juan LinietskyJan 8, 2012 7:16 pm
Campbell BartonJan 8, 2012 8:39 pm
Juan LinietskyJan 8, 2012 9:37 pm
Kalle-Samuli RiihikoskiJan 8, 2012 9:55 pm
Campbell BartonJan 8, 2012 9:57 pm
François T.Jan 9, 2012 12:27 am
Ton RoosendaalJan 9, 2012 2:43 am
SebastianJan 9, 2012 3:09 am
Domino MaramaJan 9, 2012 3:59 am
François T.Jan 9, 2012 5:30 am
Peter AmstutzJan 9, 2012 5:38 am
Domino MaramaJan 9, 2012 5:51 am
Juan LinietskyJan 9, 2012 6:07 am
SebastianJan 9, 2012 7:22 am
Domino MaramaJan 9, 2012 7:53 am
spatialJan 9, 2012 2:52 pm
SebastianJan 9, 2012 3:25 pm
Antony RiakiotakisJan 9, 2012 3:33 pm
Campbell BartonJan 9, 2012 3:37 pm
Campbell BartonJan 9, 2012 4:20 pm
Ton RoosendaalJan 10, 2012 2:15 am
johannes amorosaJan 10, 2012 3:29 am
spatialJan 10, 2012 3:57 am
François T.Jan 10, 2012 5:57 am
Erwin CoumansJan 10, 2012 6:30 am
14 later messages
Subject:Re: [Bf-committers] Collada importer/exporter kickout
From:angj...@gulftel.com (angj@gulftel.com)
Date:Jan 8, 2012 4:34:36 pm
List:org.blender.bf-committers

Quoting Juan Linietsky <redu@gmail.com>:

so +1000 for a python, dependency less from scratch... one feature at the time with clear, simple and well commented code ! I'm sure many people will be able to help in the community. But until we have a I/O addon working for basic features as a complete scene (no animation, no bones, no morph), please pretty please keep it :/

You must have missed my post, that's exactly what i submitted to this mailing list, except it supports all but morph.

but as it is right now it does support animations, in my opinion(which i know doesn't amount to much right now) we need an equivalent to start with before it gets tore out. i agree it needs to be python like the rest,but to rip it out now and (no offense Juan) replace it with something that requires more work just to bring it back up to where it is now would be silly imho. heck the whole reason for "cryblend" is because it was easier to do it in c(not pretty, just easier) i should have animation clips working by this weekend<<not a plug. I dont want my stuff to be a fork/branch I want to contribute, but if it gets ripped out ill have no alternative . would take a little to much time to bring what i have done back up to par with what i have so far, which i have been testing my exports by importing them into xsi and they are working as expected with no loss of detail. it is going to be a lot of work regardless of which way it goes(leave it in work for them,, take it out work for us.)i still think there has to be a way to have the best of both worlds. thanks for reading angjminer.