atom feed2 messages in org.apache.james.server-devjSieve: docs for SieveFactory thread ...
FromSent OnAttachments
Boris BurtinJul 2, 2009 5:20 pm
Robert Burrell DonkinJul 5, 2009 11:50 pm
Subject:jSieve: docs for SieveFactory thread safety
From:Boris Burtin (bbur@zimbra.com)
Date:Jul 2, 2009 5:20:52 pm
List:org.apache.james.server-dev

It's not immediately obvious whether SieveFactory is thread-safe. From looking
at the code, it looks like I can access a single instance of SieveFactory
concurrently. Can someone please confirm? It would be nice to have this
specified in the javadocs.

One thing I noticed is that CommandManagerImpl, ComparatorManagerImpl, and
TestManagerImpl all have a classNameMap instance variable. Seems like everything
is safe, as long as I don't try to modify the maps after the server has started.
Wouldn't be a bad idea to use ConcurrentHashMap in ConfigurationManager instead
of HashMap to handle this edge case.

Boris