atom feed8 messages in org.mozilla.lists.dev-apps-js-debuggerRe: Firefox doesn't handle the x-jsd ...
FromSent OnAttachments
chad...@gmail.comMar 6, 2007 7:36 pm
James RossMar 7, 2007 6:27 am
chad...@gmail.comMar 7, 2007 9:30 pm
James RossMar 8, 2007 2:05 am
John J. BartonMar 8, 2007 8:58 pm
chad...@gmail.comMar 12, 2007 11:02 am
John J. BartonMar 12, 2007 10:17 pm
herryJul 24, 2007 4:27 am
Subject:Re: Firefox doesn't handle the x-jsd protocol?
From:John J. Barton (john@johnjbarton.com)
Date:Mar 8, 2007 8:58:09 pm
List:org.mozilla.lists.dev-apps-js-debugger

James Ross wrote:

chad@gmail.com wrote:

No, still the same popup x-jsd error. I do notice that the interactive session displays the code surrounding 'debugger' when that gets hit in execution, but in order to set my own breakpoints, I need to be able to see the sourcecode in the sourcecode window eventually..

Indeed, but that's not exactly Venkman's fault - Venkman actually works fine for me in Firefox 2 and trunk (to be 3). The source view is a page loaded via an x-jsd URL - by far the best way to do it.

You'll really have to investigate what your Firefox has screwed up yourself, but it sounds very much like Firefox is ignoring the "venkman-service.js" file, which is where the x-jsd protocol is defined.

Chad, if James is right you might try exiting FF then deleting xpti.dat and compreg.dat from your extensions directory. FF rebuilds them next you start. John.