atom feed23 messages in org.apache.lenya.userRe: getting rid of unwanted resource ...
FromSent OnAttachments
Wolfgang JeltschJun 7, 2008 1:20 pm
Andreas HartmannJun 9, 2008 1:13 am
Wolfgang JeltschJun 13, 2008 6:02 am
Andreas HartmannJun 13, 2008 6:17 am
Wolfgang JeltschJun 13, 2008 7:20 am
Andreas HartmannJun 13, 2008 7:39 am
Wolfgang JeltschJun 13, 2008 7:51 am
Wolfgang JeltschJun 15, 2008 1:46 pm
Wolfgang JeltschJun 15, 2008 1:57 pm
Wolfgang JeltschJun 15, 2008 2:06 pm
Andreas HartmannJun 16, 2008 2:10 am
Andreas HartmannJun 16, 2008 2:28 am
Andreas HartmannJun 16, 2008 2:37 am
Andreas HartmannJun 16, 2008 2:39 am
Wolfgang JeltschJun 22, 2008 9:54 am
Wolfgang JeltschJun 22, 2008 9:59 am
Andreas HartmannJun 22, 2008 11:01 am
Andreas HartmannJun 22, 2008 11:04 am
Wolfgang JeltschJun 22, 2008 1:07 pm
Wolfgang JeltschJun 22, 2008 1:10 pm
solp...@apache.orgJun 24, 2008 10:47 am
Andreas HartmannJun 25, 2008 1:52 am
Andreas HartmannJun 25, 2008 2:13 am
Subject:Re: getting rid of unwanted resource types
From:Wolfgang Jeltsch (zssa@acme.softbase.org)
Date:Jun 15, 2008 1:57:30 pm
List:org.apache.lenya.user

Am Freitag, 13. Juni 2008 15:17 schrieb Andreas Hartmann:

[…]

Wolfgang Jeltsch schrieb: […]

What’s the point of having a separate source tree?

You have more control - you can change several files in your source tree without influencing the productive application, and deploy all changes with a single command.

What does “deploying” mean? As far as I can see, running build.sh just copies all source files of the publication to build/lenya/webapp/lenya/pubs/$MYPUB. So what’s the problem with syncing the latter directory with my source code repository instead of syncing some “source tree” with the repository and “deploying” its contents.

It seem preferable to create a new publication via the web interface and adapt the files in the build directory to fit my needs. In contrast to following <http://lenya.apache.org/docs/2_0_x/tutorials/newpublication/index.html>, this seems to get the contents of pubs/$MYPUB right. At least, it creates some more files than the description under the above-mentioned URL tells me to create.

-- Andreas

Wolfgang