atom feed5 messages in org.apache.xerces.generalRE: ?? SAX tips ??
FromSent OnAttachments
Reza BagherianNov 8, 2000 9:37 am
Lydia AucoinNov 8, 2000 3:04 pm
Kamlesh PatelNov 9, 2000 1:37 am
Kamlesh PatelNov 9, 2000 1:43 am
Andy ClarkNov 9, 2000 6:30 pm
Subject:RE: ?? SAX tips ??
From:Kamlesh Patel (kaml@ivisgroup.com)
Date:Nov 9, 2000 1:37:30 am
List:org.apache.xerces.general

Hi Reza,

There is a partial solution to this. It is using the builder pattern. There is a good example in the book called Applied XML solutions, chapter 1.

Might help!

Kam

-----Original Message----- From: Reza Bagherian [mailto:rez@crossworlds.com] Sent: 08 November 2000 17:38 To: xerc@xml.apache.org Subject: ?? SAX tips ??

I am writing a java program to parse a document using SAX.

The output of the parsing process is a huge hierarchical java object. I am looking for tips in handling large documents with many embeded objects. Instead of having a huge startElement(), character(), and endElement methods, i am looking for ways to break down based on a more object oriented paradigm.

please do let me know, If you have any tips on SAX to accomplish the goal.

Thanks, Reza