atom feed8 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-usersRe: [courier-users] 'sender' and 'rec...
FromSent OnAttachments
Lloyd ZusmanAug 31, 2004 12:28 pm
Sam VarshavchikAug 31, 2004 3:40 pm
Lloyd ZusmanAug 31, 2004 5:42 pm
Lloyd ZusmanSep 1, 2004 7:42 am
Jeff PotterSep 1, 2004 10:56 am
Lloyd ZusmanSep 1, 2004 11:47 am
Sam VarshavchikSep 1, 2004 3:52 pm
Lloyd ZusmanSep 1, 2004 6:03 pm
Subject:Re: [courier-users] 'sender' and 'receiver' attributes in Received-SPF?
From:Sam Varshavchik (mrs@courier-mta.com)
Date:Aug 31, 2004 3:40:10 pm
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users

Lloyd Zusman writes:

I want to make sure that I understand how the 'sender' and 'receiver' attributes get set within the three kinds of Received-SPF headers that Courier can generate. Is the following information correct?

HELO Received-SPF sender: value of helo/ehlo field receiver: hostname of machine on which Courier is running

MAILFROM Received-SPF sender: envelope sender (SMTP "mail from:" value) receiver: hostname of machine on which Courier is running

FROM Received-SPF sender: value of "From:" email header receiver: hostname of machine on which Courier is running

If so, I take it that the 'receiver' attribute will always be set to the same value on a given host, no matter which Received-SPF header it appears in, and no matter which SPF-related conditions might be in effect. Correct?

Yes; however note that Courier will leave any existing Received-SPF: headers, perhaps inserted by the previous mail relay, untouched (except that they will be moved to the end of the existing headers, so that Courier's headers always come first). And, the previous relay can easily be configured to use the same hostname.