atom feed13 messages in org.mozilla.lists.dev-apps-bugzillaRe: git migration scheduled for 11 Ma...
FromSent OnAttachments
Mark CôtéFeb 15, 2014 9:41 pm
Mark CôtéFeb 18, 2014 8:47 pm
Brian WistiFeb 18, 2014 9:12 pm
Cédric CorazzaFeb 21, 2014 1:56 pm
Stephanie DaughertyFeb 21, 2014 2:25 pm
Cédric CorazzaFeb 21, 2014 2:30 pm
Mark CôtéFeb 24, 2014 10:48 am
Mark CôtéFeb 27, 2014 10:11 am
Gervase MarkhamFeb 28, 2014 3:28 am
Denis RoyFeb 28, 2014 5:27 am
Gervase MarkhamFeb 28, 2014 5:49 am
Mark CôtéFeb 28, 2014 8:02 am
Dave MillerFeb 28, 2014 1:52 pm
Subject:Re: git migration scheduled for 11 March 2014
From:Mark Côté (mco@mozilla.com)
Date:Feb 27, 2014 10:11:55 am
List:org.mozilla.lists.dev-apps-bugzilla

The mirroring script is now running every 5 minutes on the new migration_test Bugzilla branch.

See http://git.mozilla.org/?p=bugzilla/bugzilla.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/migration_test for the log of changes to this branch in git. Within 5 minutes, any changes should be visible on bzr at http://bzr.mozilla.org/bugzilla/migration_test/changes. Note that each bzr commit will also have a change to the .gitrev file, which keeps track of which git commits have already been mirrored over.

Anyone with commit access to Bugzilla on bzr.mozilla.org should have commit access to the Bugzilla git repo; I invite you to make some changes to the migration_test branch and ensure that they appear correctly in bzr.

My last task is updating the wiki pages concerning the submission of patches to Bugzilla. The migration date of 11 March 2014 is still in place.

Mark

There were a few complications getting the mirroring script up today; we need a few bits of infrastructure tweaked. I'll announce when it's running, hopefully by next week some time.

One correction: we will also be mirroring changes to the bugzilla/qa and bmo/qa branches from git to bzr.

Hi all, I got IT's go-ahead to perform the bzr-to-git migration of Bugzilla and related code from bzr.mozilla.org to git.mozilla.org on Tuesday, 11 March 2014, starting at 17:00 UTC. At this time, all Bazaar branches on bzr.mozilla.org will be made read-only (aside from a few admin accounts), and the migration to git repos on git.mozilla.org will commence. It should take around 1.5 hours to migrate everything, after which point write access will be enabled on the git repos for all users previously authorized on bzr.mozilla.org. A script will periodically mirror changes from git to bzr for all currently supported Bugzilla branches (4.0, 4.2, and 4.4). Changes will not be mirrored for any other branches of Bugzilla nor any other related branches (extensions, misc, etc.).

We will start mirroring changes to read-only repos on GitHub at some point (to be determined) after the migration to git.mozilla.org. git.mozilla.org will remain the repository of record, meaning the only place to which changes should be committed by developers. All mirroring, e.g. to GitHub and bzr.mozilla.org, will be unidirectional.

We've already done one test migration; see http://git.mozilla.org. It was successful aside from some missed file deletions, resulting in extra files on a handful of git repos after the migration. I manually deleted the superfluous files after migration, and I also fixed the migration script to account for this oddity in Bazaar's fast-export output, so it won't happen during the real migration.

I would like to open up testing to all developers, starting with another complete, fresh migration, on Tuesday, 18 February 2014, around 17:00 UTC. To test the git-to-bzr mirroring script, we'll create a new branch, "migration-test", off of Bugzilla trunk and run the mirroring script on it after the migration. We'll leave it running until the real migration, and I invite anyone with commit access to bzr.mozilla.org to commit changes to the test-migration branch on git and ensure that they are mirrored properly to bzr.

The full migration and testing plan, along with other details, is at https://wiki.mozilla.org/Bugzilla:Migrating_to_git.

Mark Manager of the bugzilla.mozilla.org development team