atom feed5 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users[courier-users] CRAM-MD5 and pop3d-ssl
FromSent OnAttachments
Joe LaffeyJun 1, 2014 10:32 am
Sam VarshavchikJun 1, 2014 1:17 pm
Joe LaffeyJun 1, 2014 1:39 pm
Sam VarshavchikJun 1, 2014 2:54 pm
Joe LaffeyJun 11, 2014 12:26 pm
Subject:[courier-users] CRAM-MD5 and pop3d-ssl
From:Joe Laffey (jo@laffeycomputer.com)
Date:Jun 1, 2014 10:32:20 am
List:net.sourceforge.lists.courier-users

Hi,

We recently upgraded our mail server and found that newer versions of Courier seem to have trouble with CRAM-MD5 authentication, at least when using SSL.

I found this:

http://www.courier-mta.org/imap/INSTALL.html#crammd5

and was able to get CRAM-MD5 to work with IMAP. However it still does not want to work with pop3-ssl or esmtp-ssl (for outgoing).

I added "AUTH=CRAM-MD5" keyword to the IMAP_CAPABILITY environment variable. Is there something similar to pop or esmtp?

Any thoughts?

If I have to I can get users to switch to password or plain authentication (it is over SSL after all). But I would rather not have to talk everyone through that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Time is money. Stop wasting it! Get your web API in 5 minutes. www.restlet.com/download http://p.sf.net/sfu/restlet