atom feed58 messages in org.freebsd.freebsd-stableRe: Unhappy Xorg upgrade
FromSent OnAttachments
Dan AllenJan 28, 2009 7:39 pm
Dan AllenJan 28, 2009 8:11 pm
Robert NolandJan 28, 2009 8:16 pm
Alex GoncharovJan 28, 2009 8:59 pm
Alex GoncharovJan 28, 2009 9:12 pm
Larry BairdJan 28, 2009 10:10 pm
Bruce M. SimpsonJan 29, 2009 4:06 am
Alex GoncharovJan 29, 2009 4:46 am
Stephen ClarkJan 29, 2009 5:16 am
Robert NolandJan 29, 2009 5:40 am
Alex GoncharovJan 29, 2009 5:58 am
Robert NolandJan 29, 2009 6:12 am
Alex GoncharovJan 29, 2009 6:25 am
Robert NolandJan 29, 2009 6:43 am
Robert NolandJan 29, 2009 8:25 am
Freddie CashJan 29, 2009 8:33 am
Dan AllenJan 29, 2009 1:32 pm
Stephen ClarkJan 29, 2009 1:45 pm
Robert NolandJan 29, 2009 1:58 pm
S.N.GrigorievJan 30, 2009 1:16 am
Markus HitterJan 30, 2009 1:59 am
keneassonJan 30, 2009 2:03 am
S.N.GrigorievJan 30, 2009 4:52 am
Peter JeremyJan 30, 2009 11:53 am
Kostik BelousovJan 30, 2009 12:25 pm
Alex GoncharovJan 30, 2009 1:12 pm
Bruce M. SimpsonJan 30, 2009 5:04 pm
Danny BranissJan 31, 2009 3:04 am
30 later messages
Subject:Re: Unhappy Xorg upgrade
From:Robert Noland (rnol@FreeBSD.org)
Date:Jan 28, 2009 8:16:11 pm
List:org.freebsd.freebsd-stable

On Wed, 2009-01-28 at 21:11 -0700, Dan Allen wrote:

Although the hald_enable in /etc/rc.conf worked, I noticed that a lot of other demons get running. I needed to add dbus_enable as well. That fix is too intrusive in my book.

In any event Firefox is now broken and does not run at all.

I backed out the /etc/rc.conf changes and generated an xorg.conf by calling Xorg -configure. I moved this to /etc/xorg.conf. Things were still broken until I added the recommended

Option "AllowEmptyInput" "off"

in the ServerLayout section of xorg.conf.

Now I can use X again BUT... Firefox 3.0.5 is still broken. It has worked fine until this new Xorg.

Firefox not working is one of the symptoms of a botched upgrade. If you ldd firefox-bin you will likely find that it is linked to both libxcb.so.1 and libxcb.so.2. This is not good, ensure that everything that depends on libxcb has been rebuilt.

robert.

This 7.4 version of X.org is not ready for STABLE!