|Subject:||Re: [tptp-testing-tools-dev] Request approval for #189133 Missing properties pages for test assets in the Test Navigator.|
|From:||Paul Slauenwhite (pau...@ca.ibm.com)|
|Date:||Jun 1, 2007 7:20:32 am|
PMC: Please approve.
Once the fix is integrated (if PMC approved), please add a comment to this defect containing the build ID of the driver used to verify the fix before marking the defect as fixed.
--------------------------------------------- Paul Slauenwhite IBM Toronto Lab, Canada
Internet: paules@xxxxxxxxxx Telephone: (905) 413-3861 Tie Line: 969-3861 ---------------------------------------------
Jerome Gout <jerome.gout@xxxx bm.com> To Sent by: tptp-testing-tools-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx tptp-testing-tool cc s-dev-bounces@ecl ipse.org Subject [tptp-testing-tools-dev] Request approval for #189133 Missing 06/01/2007 11:11 properties pages for test assets in AM the Test Navigator.
Please respond to TPTP Testing Tools Project developer discussions <tptp-testing-too ls-dev@xxxxxxxxxx g>
I would like to request approval for defect 189133 Missing properties pages for test assets in the Test Navigator. https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=189133
1. Explain why you believe this is a stop-ship defect. How does the defect manifest itself, and how will users of TPTP / consuming products be affected if the defect is not fixed?
The user can no longer see resource properties for elements selected in the Test Navigator. This breaks a very basic capability greatly used by products.
2. Is there a work-around? If so, why do you believe the work-around is insufficient?
Yes, the user can see resource properties from another navigator such as resource navigator or package explorer. However, this requires to open another view or switch to another perspective and above all elements in test navigator are shown using thier logical name for this reason it can be dificult to find them in other view.
3. Is this a regression or API breakage? Explain.
Yes, this is a regression due to a change in the way that the adaptation in the Eclipse platform is managed. The IAdaptable interface is no longer sufficient to trigger the adaptation of an selected element as far as the property pages is concerned. The registration of an adapter factory to the platform adapter factory manager is now needed.
4. Does this require new API?
No, only internal new interface was needed.
5. Who performed the code review?
6. Is there a test case attached to the bugzilla record?
Additional test cases have been added in both following tests:
7. What is the risk associated with this fix?
8. Is this fix related to any standards that TPTP adheres to? If so, who has validated that the fix continues to adhere to the standard? No.
_______________________________________________ tptp-testing-tools-dev mailing list tptp-testing-tools-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/tptp-testing-tools-dev