atom feed5 messages in com.ubuntu.lists.ubuntu-auRe: Failed to access the USB Subsystem
FromSent OnAttachments
Victor Vahe KevorkianOct 24, 2007 3:57 pm
KENNETH RICHARDSOct 24, 2007 6:37 pm
Victor Vahe KevorkianOct 24, 2007 6:37 pm
Andrew OtteOct 24, 2007 6:51 pm
Victor Vahe KevorkianOct 25, 2007 2:33 pm
Subject:Re: Failed to access the USB Subsystem
From:Victor Vahe Kevorkian (viva@gmail.com)
Date:Oct 25, 2007 2:33:11 pm
List:com.ubuntu.lists.ubuntu-au

Thank you for all the help I received. I followed the instructions below and all seems working. The source was Ubuntu Forums.

-Install XP or other OS

-Create a group called "usbfs" and add yourself to it.

-In terminal issue the following command:

sudo gedit /etc/fstab

-In this file paste the following lines, and change the group ID according to the group ID that is shown for the group "usbfs".

# 1001 is the USB group ID none /proc/bus/usb usbfs devgid=1001,devmode=664 0 0

-Save and close file.

-In terminal, issue the following command:

VBoxManage list usbhost

-Use the output of this command to set up the filters for USB devices under VirtualBox.

-Reboot

The reason I am publishing this is because if anybody else will need it.