atom feed17 messages in net.php.lists.phpdoc[PHP-DOC] Documentation team editor r...
FromSent OnAttachments
Peter CowburnMay 21, 2015 3:08 am
Mike GriffithsMay 21, 2015 3:14 am
TAKAGI MasahiroMay 21, 2015 3:24 am
Christoph BeckerMay 21, 2015 4:15 am
Pasindu De SilvaMay 21, 2015 4:26 am
Kalle Sommer NielsenMay 21, 2015 4:37 am
pedram salehpoorMay 21, 2015 4:56 am
Chris WrightMay 21, 2015 5:14 am
Hannes MagnussonMay 21, 2015 8:42 am
Adam HarveyMay 21, 2015 10:11 am
Sherif RamadanMay 21, 2015 10:20 am
Christopher JonesMay 21, 2015 11:20 am
Jesus M. CastagnettoMay 23, 2015 7:32 pm
Rajendra PondelMay 23, 2015 7:51 pm
Jesus M. CastagnettoMay 23, 2015 8:15 pm
Peter CowburnMay 26, 2015 9:54 am
Philip OlsonMay 26, 2015 2:40 pm
Subject:[PHP-DOC] Documentation team editor request
From:Peter Cowburn (pete@gmail.com)
Date:May 21, 2015 3:08:21 am
List:net.php.lists.phpdoc

Hi doc folks,

I would like to humbly volunteer myself for the role of "editor" for the documentation team, following Philip's withdrawal.

They're big, beardy boots to fill, of course, but I'm up for stepping in to those boots; to be the someone there to do (or maybe delegate) the various tasks beyond simply writing the docs that need to be done to keep the documentation ball rolling.

I'd like to take a quote from Philip's request to become an editor, back in 2007 [1] as the words ring true for me today:

"The key is to have someone designated to do certain tasks, tasks that aren't always the most fun to perform. The title "editor" is not something to take lightly and as editor I know personally I'd "forget" less and do more. And although my duties with the php.net project have spread into many areas, the PHP Manual is my #1 priority. And it needs more love."

The times they are a-changin' (to quote Bob Dylan), and particularly right now we're just starting the big push towards (documenting) PHP 7. I'd like to commit to taking the helm for at least a year, if everyone is happy.

Please, give me your thoughts. Aye, or nay?

Cheers,

Peter

[1] http://news.php.net/php.doc/969376349