atom feed5 messages in com.googlegroups.vim_useInability to map <C-N> when completio...
FromSent OnAttachments
Hari Krishna DaraJun 15, 2006 5:22 pm
David FishburnJun 16, 2006 5:25 am
Hari Krishna DaraJun 16, 2006 11:08 am
Max DyckhoffJun 16, 2006 11:25 am
Hari Krishna DaraJun 16, 2006 12:31 pm
Subject:Inability to map <C-N> when completion popup is visible
From:Hari Krishna Dara (hari@yahoo.com)
Date:Jun 15, 2006 5:22:41 pm
List:com.googlegroups.vim_use

I am trying to map <C-N> and <C-P> to behave differently when pumvisible() returns true, but Vim seems to completely ignore this. E.g., if I create this unconditional map (a much simpler one than what I wanted):

inoremap <C-N> <C-C>

pressing ^N normally stops insertmode, but when popup is visible, Vim never executes the map. This may be true for <C-P> also, but the same is not true for, say <Up>.

inoremap <Up> <C-C>

Using the above map, pressing <Up> arrow always stops insert mode, whether popup is visible or not. Is this a bug? I tested by starting with -u NONE option to avoid any other interferences.