atom feed8 messages in org.apache.xmlgraphics.fop-usersPage-Break and keep-together.within-page
FromSent OnAttachments
Michael SeebergerJun 30, 2010 5:17 am
Georg DatterlJun 30, 2010 5:40 am
Eric DouglasJun 30, 2010 5:41 am
Michael SeebergerJun 30, 2010 5:59 am
Georg DatterlJun 30, 2010 6:11 am
Michael SeebergerJun 30, 2010 6:48 am
Eric DouglasJun 30, 2010 6:51 am
Pascal SanchoJun 30, 2010 7:05 am
Subject:Page-Break and keep-together.within-page
From:Michael Seeberger (Mich@isys-software.de)
Date:Jun 30, 2010 5:17:50 am
List:org.apache.xmlgraphics.fop-users

Hi there,

i'm using Apache-Fop Version 0.95 and i'm having problems to get my report created the way i want it to. The problem lies in the behaviour of Apache-FOP and the "keep-together.within-page"-attribute.

The report i want to create consists of several fo:block-Elements in which i use fo:table-elements to layout the report and the behaviour of Apache-FOP as i want it to be should be something like this: Condition 1. if a fo:block fits completely on a page then it should stay there. Condition 2. if a fo:block won't fit completely on a page then Apache-FOP should insert a page-break and print it on the next page (i implemented this by using keep-together.within-page="always" and it works). Condition 3. if a fo:block is to large for a single page Apache-FOP should insert a page-break where necessary (won't work if condition 2 is implemented).

But until now i've not been able to get Apache-FOP working this way because FOP seems to have a problem with the combination of condition 1 and condition 2. When a fo:block won't fit on a page FOP inserts a page-break when using keep-together but if this fo:block is to large for a single page it won't insert another page-break where necessary but overflows the page.

The Reason for this seems to be the attribute-value "always", as my Google-research tells me "always" means that when using this value an fo:xxx-Element stays together no matter what even when this leads to an overflow. I've also tried using keep-together.with-next or keep-together.with-previous but it didn't work either and using integer-values instead of always isn't supported by Apache-FOP 0.95 as far as i know.

And heres my Question: Is there really no way to make Apache-FOP create the report the way i want it to?