atom feed8 messages in net.java.dev.glassfish.usersRe: Embedded One Pager
FromSent OnAttachments
glas...@javadesktop.orgMay 20, 2010 12:34 pm
Dominik DornMay 20, 2010 1:46 pm
Siraj GhaffarMay 20, 2010 2:20 pm
Dominik DornMay 20, 2010 2:48 pm
Arun GuptaMay 20, 2010 3:20 pm
Arun GuptaMay 20, 2010 3:21 pm
Marina VatkinaMay 20, 2010 5:39 pm
Siraj GhaffarMay 20, 2010 8:03 pm
Subject:Re: Embedded One Pager
From:Siraj Ghaffar (sira@oracle.com)
Date:May 20, 2010 8:03:16 pm
List:net.java.dev.glassfish.users

Marina Vatkina wrote:

Siraj Ghaffar wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. Please see inline :

Dominik Dorn wrote:

It would be great if additionally to just specify how the embedded server is used, also examples on how to use them in (unit)-tests are given.

Would JUnit/maven examples be good?

In this context, it should be possible to actually launch an embedded server without binding it to a specific port, to allow parallel runs of test cases.

port binding is optional. Embedded server can start without the actual binding.

How would you do that? I needed to explicitly suppress ports in the embedded EJB container's version of the domain.xml to avoid conflicts with a running GF.

If the domain.xml has configuration that uses some port, then those ports would be used up. The default domain.xml does have some configuration elements that use certain ports. I will try a few scenarios where no port is used and see how embedded behaves.

Thanks

These given test cases should serve as best practice examples on how to test JavaEE6 Applications in a Glassfish Embedded Environment.