atom feed6 messages in org.apache.tomcat.usersLog rotate catalina.out
FromSent OnAttachments
Igor CicimovApr 17, 2011 10:38 pm
Thomas FreitagApr 17, 2011 10:56 pm
Igor CicimovApr 17, 2011 11:23 pm
Thomas FreitagApr 17, 2011 11:54 pm
Igor CicimovApr 19, 2011 12:04 am
Thomas FreitagApr 28, 2011 12:13 pm
Subject:Log rotate catalina.out
From:Igor Cicimov (icic@gmail.com)
Date:Apr 17, 2011 10:38:31 pm
List:org.apache.tomcat.users

Hi all,

I have a question about rotating catalina.out file. Is there any way to accomplish this through Tomcat without using external tool like logrotate for example as shown in the following thread:

http://marc.info/?t=105544472600001&r=1&w=2

I understand that this might be a matter of bad coding practice but since I'm not the developer of the applications running on the server I can't do much about it. The applications are configured to use log4j but the developers say they can't do much to redirect the applications console output to the log files.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Igor