atom feed14 messages in org.xwiki.devs[xwiki-devs] [Proposal] Bug Fixing Da...
FromSent OnAttachments
Vincent MassolSep 17, 2012 11:16 pm
Thomas MortagneSep 18, 2012 12:33 am
Marius Dumitru FloreaSep 18, 2012 1:02 am
Jean-Vincent DreanSep 18, 2012 1:28 am
Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)Sep 18, 2012 2:19 am
Sergiu DumitriuSep 19, 2012 2:01 am
Eduard MoraruSep 25, 2012 4:52 am
Vincent MassolOct 3, 2012 12:07 pm
Vincent MassolOct 3, 2012 12:09 pm
Vincent MassolOct 5, 2012 12:34 am
Sergiu DumitriuOct 5, 2012 5:50 am
Vincent MassolOct 5, 2012 5:55 am
Vincent MassolOct 5, 2012 5:58 am
Sergiu DumitriuOct 5, 2012 6:00 am
Subject:[xwiki-devs] [Proposal] Bug Fixing Day #6 on October 4 + BFD every first Thursday of the Month
From:Vincent Massol (vinc@massol.net)
Date:Sep 17, 2012 11:16:45 pm
List:org.xwiki.devs

Hi devs and contributors,

It's been a long since we last organized a Bug Fixing Day. I've published all
our last results about XWiki Days at http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/DevelopmentPractices#HXWikiDays

I've also created a dashboard for listing all issues fixed during all our past
Bug Fixing Days at http://jira.xwiki.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=11196

Our total score is 97 issues. We can do better! Well done to Sergiu who has the
high score by far with 49 issues fixed.

I'd like to propose the 6th BFD since we're deriving quite a lot on our bug
count. For the past 365 days 824 bugs were created and we solved 734 which means
we're behind by 90 bugs just for that rolling period…

See
http://jira.xwiki.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=10000#Created-vs-Resolved-Chart/10470

This means we're loosing the battle every day since every day more bugs are
created than solved (our total unclosed bug count is 793, see
http://jira.xwiki.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=10000#Issue-Statistics/11088
).

What we should be doing instead is have the green line just slightly above the
red bar on
http://jira.xwiki.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=10000#Created-vs-Resolved-Chart/10470
This would mean we're catching up slowly on the bug count.

I'd like to propose the date of the **4th of October **for our sixth BFD and
more generally I'd like to propose having a BFD every month on the first
Thursday of every month, with the goal of reducing drastically this roving bug
count!

WDYT?

Thanks -Vincent