|Svetozar Mihailov||Aug 26, 2008 1:20 am|
|Sam Varshavchik||Aug 26, 2008 4:04 am|
|Svetozar Mihailov||Aug 26, 2008 5:15 am|
|Steve Shockley||Aug 26, 2008 8:28 am|
|Sam Varshavchik||Aug 26, 2008 3:15 pm|
|Gordon Messmer||Aug 26, 2008 3:53 pm|
|Paweł Tęcza||Sep 16, 2008 1:04 am|
|Manuel Schneider||Sep 16, 2008 1:33 am|
|Paweł Tęcza||Sep 16, 2008 1:52 am|
|Steve Shockley||Sep 16, 2008 3:34 am|
|Paweł Tęcza||Sep 16, 2008 6:08 am|
|Svetozar Mihailov||Sep 16, 2008 9:15 am|
|Paweł Tęcza||Sep 18, 2008 1:11 am||.patch, .patch|
|Subject:||[courier-users] Courier Cluster|
|From:||Svetozar Mihailov (cour...@j.zarhi.com)|
|Date:||Aug 26, 2008 1:20:44 am|
I'm building Courier Cluster and have few questions.
Hardware details: 4 core quad servers with 8GB ram, iscsi storage with gfs2. Full cluster will have total 8 servers.
1. Sam, This cluster will offer free hosting ( mail and www ) services for our customers which already pay for internet connectivity. Do I need some kind of license for courier suite? Is this changes if this hosting also offer payed services?
2. DNS: Which dns structure is allowed/better:
2.1 One MX record for mail.example.com and 8 A records for each server. OR 2.2 Eight MX records with equal priority to c(1-8).mail.example.com for smtp and additional eight A records for mail.example.com for pop/imap.
2.2 I do not want to use load balancer because if load balancer dies everything stop. I will implement monitoring (ping?) daemon, which will add/remove servers to dns if some of them dies. Is there recomended minimal TTL for dns records in this case?
3. Do I need special care of file locking? All servers have consistent view of file system, and is possible one user to login to few servers at same time via pop/imap.
4. What about MAXPERIP setting? It is possible to make this cluster aware? Otherwise each user can login up to MAXPERIP times on each server at same time.
5. I think to place /etc/courier and /etc/authdaemon on iscsi/gfs2 so all servers will see same configs all time. Modifying configs and running make* scripts will be done on one separate server. I'm thinking to create additional daemon, which will fam monitor this two folders and issue 'courier restart' and 'service authdaemon restart' on change. Is this will be ok?
5.1 /var/spool/courier will be also on iscsi/gfs2, but as I know it is not possible to share this over servers?
5.2 It is possible at compile time to move certificates from /usr/lib/courier/share to /etc/courier/share? Or just to symlink certificates to /etc/courier/share?
6. How to run clamd/spamassasin? On every server, or on dedicated servers over tcp/ip? Is there recommendations except lower performance because tcp/ip session for each check?
7. I use mysql backed with services separation like this (/etc/courier/imapd):
ADDRESS=0 PORT=143,127.0.0.1.144 AUTHSERVICE143=imap AUTHSERVICE144=imapl AUTHSERVICE993=imaps
It is possible to setup imap:143 to issue 'imaps' if user send STARTTLS before authentication? Or implement something like AUTHSERVICESSLADD=s' which depends only on connection status (clear/ssl|tls)? Same thing with pop3.
Best regards, Svetozar Mihailov
PS: Sorry for duplicate message.
------------------------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's challenge Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great prizes Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the world http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/
_______________________________________________ courier-users mailing list cour...@lists.sourceforge.net Unsubscribe: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/courier-users