I tried to install quotas on my system, following the instructions
straight from the FreeBSD documentation web pages. Everything seemed to
1. compiled and installed the new kernel with the quotas option
2. edited /etc/fstab to put userquota option on two file systems
3. created an empty quota.user file in the root of both file systems
5. ran edquota on a test user
6. ran repquota -a and everything was working
Try enabling quotas in /etc/sysconfig, do NOT create an empty quota.user
file. Reboot and let the stuff in /etc/rc establish your quota.user
files. Then run edquota to setup quotas for your users. I think
that might solve your problem.
"Go that way. Really fast. If something gets in your way, turn"