atom feed1 message in org.xwiki.devs[xwiki-devs] [Brainstorming] [Flavor]...
FromSent OnAttachments
Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)Mar 25, 2013 12:10 pm
Subject:[xwiki-devs] [Brainstorming] [Flavor] Application Development Flavor
From:Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) (
Date:Mar 25, 2013 12:10:02 pm

The proposal for Application Development Flavor can be found at

Besides being a wiki, XWiki is also an application development platform. You can build simple applications, extend the platform with custom plugins, or even build complex Web applications.

There are 2 use cases related to Application Development: - one targeted to Advanced Developers. I detailed this use case because it's more complex than the other. I've made a selection of applications from our extensions repository that I considered could be of interest for developers in a web environment; - the other is targeted to Simple Users that want to create applications. For this use case, choose just the 'Mandatory' features. A simple user will always use AppWithinMinutes and we need better integration of created application to be the focus part of the sub-wiki.

I encourage you to take a look at the features and give your opinion.

Thanks, Caty