atom feed19 messages in org.codehaus.jetty.user[jetty-user] RequestLog with syslog s...
FromSent OnAttachments
Russell E GlaueDec 12, 2008 12:46 pm
Julio ViegasDec 12, 2008 1:07 pm
Jesse McConnellDec 12, 2008 1:14 pm
Russell E GlaueDec 12, 2008 1:17 pm
Russell E GlaueDec 12, 2008 1:24 pm
David YuDec 13, 2008 7:44 am
Russell E. GlaueDec 14, 2008 7:22 pm
David YuDec 14, 2008 7:46 pm
Russell E GlaueDec 15, 2008 9:53 am
Julio ViegasDec 15, 2008 10:58 am
Russell E GlaueDec 15, 2008 12:40 pm
Jesse McConnellDec 15, 2008 12:57 pm
Russell E GlaueDec 15, 2008 1:16 pm
Julio ViegasDec 15, 2008 1:27 pm
Martin StrandDec 15, 2008 1:51 pm
Russell E GlaueDec 15, 2008 2:08 pm
Russell E GlaueDec 15, 2008 2:22 pm
Martin StrandDec 15, 2008 3:31 pm
Russell E GlaueDec 16, 2008 7:23 am
Subject:[jetty-user] RequestLog with syslog support
From:Russell E Glaue (rgl@cait.org)
Date:Dec 12, 2008 12:46:56 pm
List:org.codehaus.jetty.user

Is RequestLog the defacto interface for implementing logging in Jetty?

For the RequestLog interface, in the Jetty 7 API documentation, only "NCSARequestLog" is listed as the Known Implementing Classes.

I am interested in syslog support, or better yet, Log4j (which implements syslog) support in Jetty for logging access.

Is there any related support in the Jetty code for Log4j or syslog for logging server access? Has there been any discussion on this?

If not, I would want to add this in as a feature request.

I would imaging this would involve writing a class similar to "NCSARequestLog" yet coded to include Log4j. Has this been discussed? Is there any reasoning anyone has spoken of for not churning the access logs through a Log4j capable RequestLog?

I am a Geronimo user, using the jetty container, and for an enterprise deployment, having syslog support is important.

-RG