atom feed1 message in org.xwiki.devs[xwiki-devs] [Brainstorming] [Flavor]...
FromSent OnAttachments
Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)Mar 25, 2013 12:09 pm
Subject:[xwiki-devs] [Brainstorming] [Flavor] Documentation Flavor
From:Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) (vali@gmail.com)
Date:Mar 25, 2013 12:09:32 pm
List:org.xwiki.devs

Hi,

The proposal for Documentation Flavor can be found at http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Improvements/DocumentationFlavor

A Documentation Wiki is an information repository about a certain topic (product, service, etc.) It needs to provide means for information to be collected, organized, shared, searched and utilized.

I've created only the Documentation Flavor and not the Knowledge Base Flavor because I consider the Documentation to be more strict than the other. The main difference between the two is the Workflow (http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Improvements/DocumentationFlavor#HWorkflow) which involves also custom Rights (http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Improvements/DocumentationFlavor#HRights) and should provide documentation specific Export formats. Besides these differences, the Knowledge Base and Documentation are very similar: knowledge base encourage content collaboration in all stages, while Documentation only in the content gathering phase, becoming read-only after.

I encourage you to take a look at the features and give your opinion.

Thanks, Caty