|Chet Ensign||Mar 30, 2012 3:55 pm|
|Subject:||[legalruleml] List of useful OASIS resources for your TC|
|From:||Chet Ensign (chet...@oasis-open.org)|
|Date:||Mar 30, 2012 3:55:32 pm|
Members of the LegalRuleML TC,
Again, congratulations on getting the TC off to a successful start. Below are
some pointers to resources that may be useful to you as you move your work in
the TC forward.
- General OASIS policies and guidelines
1. The OASIS Technical Committee Process and Intellectual Property Rights policy
documents - these are two of the primary documents that govern work at OASIS.
The IPR documentation may be relevant if a TC member intends to contribute a
particular work to the TC.
2. The OASIS Naming Directives document - This document spells out the rules
governing filenames and URIs for Technical Committee Work Products.
3. The OASIS Liaison Policy - this is the policy that governs relationships
between OASIS and other organizations and may be of interest if the TC is
considering submitting work to other organizations in the future.
4. Other OASIS policies and guidelines - the full list of OASIS policy and
guidelines documents can be found at
- TC-specific resources
5. Your Charter
Your charter is the document that governs the work of your TC. In particular, it
spells out what is in and out of scope and the essential objectives that you
have set out to address.
6. Your public and internal TC Home Page - the public page is the web page
visitors to www.oasis-open.org see. The internal page is where you can manage
your roster, start electronic ballots, store working documents, etc.
7. Your TC email list and comment lists - the comment list is the only allowed
channel for non-OASIS member comments to the TC. You must subscribe to the
comment list explicitly by sending a blank email to
lega...@lists.oasis-open.org. We recommend that the Chair
assign a member of the TC to explicitly be responsible for monitoring the
8. TC Document Repository - this is where you can store your meeting minutes,
working drafts, etc.
- Other sources of helpful information
9. Help with Kavi - on the main page of your internal TC web page you will find
a link to the Kavi Group help manual. This link will take you directly to that
10. The OASIS TC Handbook - provides specifics on how the TC Process policies
are put into practice
11. TC Admin support request forms - These are the tickets you use to request
working draft templates, ballots, public reviews, etc. These forms formally
create the tickets used by TC Admin to manage its work. TC Admin will not take
requests for support for these routine activities by email. The forms can also
be found under the Resources tab on the OASIS home page
12. The OASIS Library -- this is where approved Work Products (Committee
Specification Drafts, etc.) of your TC will be published. The top level
directory will be created when your first approved work product is ready.
In addition to these, you can be set up to use the OASIS wiki, JIRA issues
tracking tool, SVN version-control tool and web conferencing chat room. Let me
know if and when you are interested in using any of these tools.
---------------- Chet Ensign Director of Standards Development and TC Administration OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society http://www.oasis-open.org
Primary: +1 973-378-3472 Mobile: +1 201-341-1393