- Fonts in PDF's: Occasionally, italic or bold text would appear in
lieu of the expected font; some exceptions on loading font;
- URLs with cover text in PDFs: Some links were not showing up
correctly in the PDF files.
- Font directory files: Errors could occur in configuration files that
tell Platypus where font files are located on the system.
- Added omitted details of the ways of embedding URLs.
- Added omitted discussion of how to specify additional directories to
examine for fonts for PDF files. This is particularly useful for Linux
and UNIX-based systems, where fonts are placed in many separate
If you're generating PDF documents, we strongly suggest you upgrade to
this new version. *
In the next release*:
- graphics (JPG and GIF files)
- color text and color background
- full HTML support
- ability to specify that paragraphs should not be split across
columns or pages
- other features that we can fit in.
Please send comments, suggestions, complaints to us at platypus (at)
---/The Platypus Team/
Unsubscribe: We send out only a few announcements per year. But if you'd
prefer not to receive them, just drop us a line at: list_manager (at)
pz.org or click on the link below and we'll take you off the list.