Someone asked in Quora
and I found this question is particularly interesting, since not many
people has the experience in dealing with these systems.
My understanding is as following, so pls correct me if I am wrong:
- Both are durable and queue's size is limited by disk storage instead of memory
- There are both very fast
- No strict ordering kestrel
- Not transactional for kestrel
- No unique delivery guarantee for kestrel
- No zookeeper coordination for kestrel
So it seems to me that kafka is a more complete solution for message
streaming solution while kestrel is a simplistic implementation of
message queue, am I right?
Anything to add?