|Scott Hudson||May 29, 2007 1:56 pm|
|Subject:||DocBook SubCommittee for Publishers Meeting Agenda: 6 June 2007|
|From:||Scott Hudson (scot...@flatironssolutions.com)|
|Date:||May 29, 2007 1:56:51 pm|
DocBook SubCommittee for Publishers Meeting Agenda: 6 June 2007 ==============================================================
The DocBook SubCommittee for Publishers will meet for 90 minutes on Wednesday, June 6, 2007 at Location Local time Time zone Denver <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=75> (U.S.A. - Colorado) Wednesday, May 2, 2007 at 1:00:00 PM UTC-6 hours MDT <http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/na/mdt.html> San Francisco <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=224> (U.S.A. - California) Wednesday, May 2, 2007 at 12:00:00 Noon UTC-7 hours PDT <http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/na/pdt.html> New York <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=179> (U.S.A. - New York) Wednesday, May 2, 2007 at 3:00:00 PM UTC-4 hours EDT <http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/na/edt.html> London <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=136> (U.K. - England) Wednesday, May 2, 2007 at 8:00:00 PM UTC+1 hour BST <http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/eu/bst.html> Corresponding UTC (GMT) Wednesday, May 2, 2007 at 19:00:00 <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2007&month=4&day=4&hour=19&min=0&sec=0>
The teleconference phone number is +1-877-643-6951. The participant code is 31804277#. Attendance at teleconferences is restricted to members (and prospective members) of the subcommittee.
The DocBook SC uses irc://freenode/dbpub for additional conference features, such as exchanging URIs, providing out-of-band comments, and other aspects of the teleconference, so please join us there if at all possible.
1. Roll call 2. Accepting the minutes of the previous meeting. 3. Next meeting: 11 July 2007 4. Review of the agenda. 5. Review of open action items
6. Update from DocBook TC a. public identifiers for SC created variants
7. Proposed Roadmap a. Identify elements that should be part of Core DocBook b. Identify potential "modules" for elements currently part of DocBook but belonging to a particular domain. c. Recommend Core DocBook and proposed modules to DocBook TC d. Identify general publishing needs not currently met by DocBook e. Identify additional specific domains within publishing industry that may need specific modules. f. develop RFEs from identified needs g. develop DocBook v5.0 schema enhancements from RFEs h. submit schema enhancements for approval to DocBook TC
8. Discussion of elements marked "M" or "maybe" from: http://wiki.docbook.org/topic/PublishersMinimalElements
9. Review of Requests for Enhancement a. allow section in sidebar b. add mediaobject to person and org (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1473274&group_id=21935&atid=384107)
Scott Hudson Flatirons Solutions scot...@flatironssolutions.com