|Subject:||[office] OpenDocument TC coordination call draft minutes 2008-06-02|
|From:||Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg (Mich...@Sun.COM)|
|Date:||Jun 27, 2008 6:01:28 am|
* Rollcall Jun Ma, Beijing Redflag Chinese 2000 Software Co., Ltd. Warren Turkal, Google Inc. Mingfei Jia, IBM Yue Ma, IBM Robert Weir, IBM Patrick Durusau David Wheeler, Institute for Defense Analyses Florian Reuter, Novell Bob Jolliffe, South Africa Dept. of Science & Technology Michael Brauer, Sun Microsystems (presiding) Eike Rathke, Sun Microsystems Oliver-Rainer Wittmann, Sun Microsystems
Don Harbison, IBM (observing)
* 10/10 voting members present, so quorum requirements have been met.
* Minutes from 2008-06-09 coordination call: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200806/msg00043.html
The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes.
* Action Items as listed at http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/members/action_items.php
Listed are only those items where an update is available.
#0030: Post definition of Excel's YEARFRAC calculation to TC list or document library
Doug posted the definition to the list. David Wheeler noticed some differences to Phyton code he has developed, that need to be analyzed.
* New Proposal Form
Rob created a Wiki page template for the form. It can be chosen when a new page is created.
It was discussed where the proposals may be tracked. It was suggested to use categories. Michael wants to do some research for this. It was further suggested to make more use of headings.
* Discussion of proposals
- Attribute default values
The proposal was discussed. No open issues seem to exist. The proposal may be voted on in the next call.
- proposal for ODF 1.2: extension of vertical relation values for certain anchor types
It was discussed how the proposal effects backward compatibility. The proposal adds a new feature to ODF. Applications that do not support ODF 1.2 will render documents differently than application that do support the feature. Oliver wants to summarize this for the next meeting. The proposal may then be voted on in the next call.
It was further discusses whether all proposals must follow the new proposal form. The chairs clarified that the use of the new form is recommended but optional, because the TC so far has not agreed that the new form is mandatory, and that an e-mail proposal may be appropriate for "simple" proposals anyway.
The meeting was adjourned at 5pm CET
-- Michael Brauer, Technical Architect Software Engineering StarOffice/OpenOffice.org Sun Microsystems GmbH Nagelsweg 55 D-20097 Hamburg, Germany mich...@sun.com http://sun.com/staroffice +49 40 23646 500 http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028 Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schroeder, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Martin Haering