atom feed6 messages in org.apache.harmony.dev[classlib][concurrent] CopyOnWriteArr...
FromSent OnAttachments
Tim EllisonJan 20, 2010 9:27 am
Ian RogersJan 20, 2010 10:07 am
Mark HindessJan 20, 2010 10:14 am
Mark HindessJan 20, 2010 10:31 am
Nathan BeyerJan 20, 2010 7:22 pm
Tony WuJan 23, 2010 1:35 am
Subject:[classlib][concurrent] CopyOnWriteArrayList
From:Tim Ellison (t.p.@gmail.com)
Date:Jan 20, 2010 9:27:00 am
List:org.apache.harmony.dev

As you probably know, our concurrency code is a copy of the code in Doug Lea's JSR166 repository. You may also recall that the JSR166 version of CopyOnWriteArrayList [1] contains an unpalatable Sun copyright notice, so we created a Harmony version of this class as a replacement [2].

Unfortunately, when we refreshed the implementation from Doug's repository back in July 2009 [3,4] the Harmony version was overwritten with the JSR166 version containing the original copyright statement.

The remedy is to restore the Harmony version [5]. Of course we need to also check that it implements the right behavior of the refreshed code etc.

Since we are currently distributing the original JSR166 version in our latest 5.0 M12 download, I propose that we now also produce a 5.0M12a containing the replacement file.

Although this file has been in our builds since last July, we should not wait until the next scheduled Harmony milestone. So, the 5.0M12a build will be a minimal change, derived by creating a tag based on 5.0M12 (r885602) and fixing this one file. That means we can have a shorter release cycle with reduced testing etc. and replace M12 with M12a.

Comments and questions welcome.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/concurrent/src/main/java/java/util/concurrent/CopyOnWriteArrayList.java?view=log [2] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1805 [3] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-6262 [4] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=794678 [5] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=901123&view=rev

Regards, Tim